Around the League week 17

textaz03

7 hours ago, The_Slamman said:

I didn’t have the volume on the TV because we had company so I can’t be 100% sure... it appeared to me that Hurts, who was playing fairly well and had put the eagles in position to tie the game or take the lead, got benched.  It appeared that the eagles put Wentz in the game who promptly threw an int and fumbled the ball back to Washington... classic Wentz that we’ve seen all year.  

Wentz was inactive. It was Nate Sudfeld their 3rd string QB.

you should here local Philly talk radio, they are roasting the hell out of Pederson today for that gutless performance I didn’t watch 🤣🤣🤣

8 hours ago, The_Slamman said:

I didn’t have the volume on the TV because we had company so I can’t be 100% sure... it appeared to me that Hurts, who was playing fairly well and had put the eagles in position to tie the game or take the lead, got benched.  It appeared that the eagles put Wentz in the game who promptly threw an int and fumbled the ball back to Washington... classic Wentz that we’ve seen all year.  

WENTZ? He wasn't in the game or dressed to play. It was the 3rd string QB Sudfeld. 

3 hours ago, textaz03 said:

Wentz was inactive. It was Nate Sudfeld their 3rd string QB.

you should here local Philly talk radio, they are roasting the hell out of Pederson today for that gutless performance I didn’t watch 🤣🤣🤣

2 hours ago, atran35 said:

WENTZ? He wasn't in the game or dressed to play. It was the 3rd string QB Sudfeld. 

Guys, I know what I saw.  I saw a qb come in the game and in the first 5 snaps, he threw an int and lost a fumble.  That’s Carson Wentz.  Don’t believe the media BS.  Trust your own eyes.  If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck and commits a ton of turnovers... it’s Carson Freaking Wentz.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

Our Twitter brethren are having a field day over this one. Lots of love being poured out for this list of losers who just went 6-10 against a pretty easy schedule

I see all of them having a good shot of happening, with Tyron on the low side of that. Curious as to how he’s doing, but my hope is the surgery plus extended layoff pays off and he returns to form.

5 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

I see all of them having a good shot of happening, with Tyron on the low side of that. Curious as to how he’s doing, but my hope is the surgery plus extended layoff pays off and he returns to form.

Obviously Tyron is the "bombshell" here and would be mostly cap related (saves $5M this year and ~$30M over 2022-23). Since Jaylon would have to be post-June 1, there's almost nothing else we can do that frees up cap room outside of restructures.

Kinda wonder if there's something going on there with him only playing 2 games this year. Did he delay surgery? Some sort of friction with the coaching or medical staff? I'm recklessly speculating, but these kinds of things happen- certainly Bobby knows more than us.

42 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

Obviously Tyron is the "bombshell" here and would be mostly cap related (saves $5M this year and ~$30M over 2022-23). Since Jaylon would have to be post-June 1, there's almost nothing else we can do that frees up cap room outside of restructures.

Kinda wonder if there's something going on there with him only playing 2 games this year. Did he delay surgery? Some sort of friction with the coaching or medical staff? I'm recklessly speculating, but these kinds of things happen- certainly Bobby knows more than us.

I still think a bit early to cut Tyron. Hard to replace him with only $5 million in savings.

8 minutes ago, CAPJ said:

I still think a bit early to cut Tyron. Hard to replace him with only $5 million in savings.

Definitely, it would put OT squarely in play for us in the first. It’ll also be hard to improve the defense with what Dak will cost- these moves don’t even free up enough $ to tag him again and are reliant on an extension that lowers his cap figure. Then you would at least have some space with the Jaylon money kicking in over the summer.

Generally, it’s gonna be hard for this team to turn things around and move in a different direction without significant turnover and some tough decisions. If the team is in any way concerned that Tyron may play closer to 2 games a year than 13 going forward then they don’t really have a choice IMO

We’ll see. I think the people in Bobby’s mentions outright stating it won’t happen likely said the same of Romo, Dez, Ware, and many before them. Father Time is undefeated.

16 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

Definitely, it would put OT squarely in play for us in the first. It’ll also be hard to improve the defense with what Dak will cost- these moves don’t even free up enough $ to tag him again and are reliant on an extension that lowers his cap figure. Then you would at least have some space with the Jaylon money kicking in over the summer.

Generally, it’s gonna be hard for this team to turn things around and move in a different direction without significant turnover and some tough decisions. If the team is in any way concerned that Tyron may play closer to 2 games a year than 13 going forward then they don’t really have a choice IMO

We’ll see. I think the people in Bobby’s mentions outright stating it won’t happen likely said the same of Romo, Dez, Ware, and many before them. Father Time is undefeated.

We could resign Dak and lower the cap hit for this year and spread the large amounts down the road when the cap goes up or when we get relief from cutting Jaylon and Zeke.

14 minutes ago, CAPJ said:

We could resign Dak and lower the cap hit for this year and spread the large amounts down the road when the cap goes up or when we get relief from cutting Jaylon and Zeke.

Right, I’m assuming that happens, and suggesting that it’s not enough if you want 2-3 free agent defensive starters. According to OTC we have $23M in cap room next year, so if you assume a LTD for Dak drops his # to 20M, give or take, that’s almost no room left. 5M sounds like very little but the difference between, say, 3 and 8 or 4 and 9 for Dallas’ purposes is actually quite significant (find a few guys who can plug holes for a year, supplemented by the draft class, which is only affordable through the Jaylon cut).

We could just restructure a bunch of guys but that would be a sign that this team hasn’t learned anything. I’d prefer McCarthy to be more cutthroat this spring. Just overall would not be surprised if the roster overhaul is greater than usual.

Edited by matt79511

26 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

Right, I’m assuming that happens, and suggesting that it’s not enough if you want 2-3 free agent defensive starters. According to OTC we have $23M in cap room next year, so if you assume a LTD for Dak drops his # to 20M, give or take, that’s almost no room left. 5M sounds like very little but the difference between, say, 3 and 8 or 4 and 9 for Dallas’ purposes is actually quite significant (find a few guys who can plug holes for a year, supplemented by the draft class, which is only affordable through the Jaylon cut).

We could just restructure a bunch of guys but that would be a sign that this team hasn’t learned anything. I’d prefer McCarthy to be more cutthroat this spring. Just overall would not be surprised if the roster overhaul is greater than usual.

Might have to restructure Cooper Martin Collins and Tank.