ATL Falcons Off-Season Thread 2017

coors

4 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

I dont see Takk as an elite pass rusher either, but if hes generating 8 sacks a year or so thats huge. Beasley needs to show it for more than a year, but he was thought of as an elite rusher coming out and he had an elite year. If youre getting 8 sacks out of Takk as a 2nd guy, dont know if you could really ask for more. As for your other concerns, the division flip flopping around the last few years is meaningless. This falcons team has kept their core together, and really hasnt lost any major pieces outside of shanahan who used to be ridiculed at times before coming to Atlanta. The offense will stay explosive, we dont even need to go over all the weapons we hve.

I guess I was talking about Takk being an 8 sack per year in his prime, I don't think you're getting that kind of production as a rookie.  He's got his fair share of medical issues, and he wasn't the most explosive pass rusher to begin with.  But I think he's probably one of the more well-rounded pass rushers coming out of this most recent draft.  You're able to plug 'n play him more than most pass rushers who struggle in run defense as rookies.

Jermaine Grace is going to be a steal for you guys. Got into some trouble at Miami but if he would've played last year at Miami in that defense, he would've been drafted pretty high. Was a little undersized but that speed and instinctively play with make him thrive. Really excited about the amount of young defensive talent you guys have. Loved Beasley coming out. Wasn't high on Tak but continuing to add talent to the DL is smart. Could see an even bigger jump in defense next year for you guys.

2 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

honestly dont even care. Hes a nice piece cause hes a bigger corner, but really sounds liek we're gonna cut bait with him.

You think we cut bait with a 2nd rounder from the 2015 draft alreadY?

1 hour ago, coors said:

You think we cut bait with a 2nd rounder from the 2015 draft alreadY?

I mean, hes a good player when hes on the field, but we cant trust him. Im not familar enough to know if he counts towards tge 53 while suspended. If he doesnt id say he sticks but this is almost a lost year. By the time hes in football shape were likely talking december.

21 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

I mean, hes a good player when hes on the field, but we cant trust him. Im not familar enough to know if he counts towards tge 53 while suspended. If he doesnt id say he sticks but this is almost a lost year. By the time hes in football shape were likely talking december.

I think he is done in Atlanta. Had problems his rookie year and now this. 

Tru, Alford, Poole, and Goodwin still has us as deep as any unit in the league, and apparently there is good buzz about Kazee as well. 

4 hours ago, Jgoldiscool said:

I'm honestly surprised they haven't cut him. 

I just saw he wont count towards the 53 while hes suspended, so Im not sure theres a reason to. As I said, hes a good player, and really good depth, but we cant trust him. To me, losing 500k and possibly a 2nd contract is punishment enough, us cutting him would more or less be pointless. If he comes back strong, great, if not then we have enough decent guys to mov on without him.

38 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

How's his play been?

Pretty good when hes on the field. Hes been our first guy off the bench on the outside, but corners such an up and down spot so who really knows if he can handle being a starter. Right now hes a really good depth player, maybe he can be more if he stays clean.

Just now, GSUeagles14 said:

Pretty good when hes on the field. Hes been our first guy off the bench on the outside, but corners such an up and down spot so who really knows if he can handle being a starter. Right now hes a really good depth player, maybe he can be more if he stays clean.

That's probably where the question is coming from then.  Is the talent good enough to overlook the fact that he's a distraction?

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

That's probably where the question is coming from then.  Is the talent good enough to overlook the fact that he's a distraction?

For this team, probably. Alford, trufant and poole are all  shorter guys. Collins is 6'+ and can matchup up better with bigger guys.

Archived