ATL Falcons Off-Season Thread 2017

coors

• 2 weeks later...

Cuts are starting to come in.

Akeem King
Tyler Renew

Slightly suprised King is the first CB to go but then again he never really made any wow plays. I can't recall being mad because he completely screwed up either. Could see him turning into a decent player for another team in a year or two/three.

Edit: More cuts coming in. 

OL Travis Averill, WR Bra'lon Cherry, WR Anthony Dable, WR Reginald Davis, OT Wil Freeman, OT Kevin Graf, OL Larson Graham, DL A.J. Jefferson, CB Jarnor Jones, DB Akeem King, OL Andreas Knappe, LB Jack Lynn, WR Josh Magee, K Mike Meyer, DB Jordan Moore, FB Tyler Renew, RB Kelvin Taylor, OL D.J. Tialavea, QB Alek Torgersen, DB Deron Washington

Graf, Meyer, Knappe and Torgersen all had decent potential. Hope we can stash them on the PS.

47 minutes ago, iothar said:

Sorry if I rehash but I did a search and this topic was the last time Hageman got mentioned. Why the release after being place on the exemption list after a thorough NFL investigation?

imo, for several reasons. His release almost certainly means the issue is more serious than originally thought( meaning he will almost certainly be found guilty). He could be suspended for awhile and to top it off what he's being accused of and charged with is some pretty serious stuff and they probably don't want the negative publicity. Not to mention his maturity has always been a con. 

I'm surprised they cut Odom if they knew they would cut Hageman. Now we're down a D lineman. 

On 9/4/2017 at 4:56 PM, Jgoldiscool said:

imo, for several reasons. His release almost certainly means the issue is more serious than originally thought( meaning he will almost certainly be found guilty). He could be suspended for awhile and to top it off what he's being accused of and charged with is some pretty serious stuff and they probably don't want the negative publicity. Not to mention his maturity has always been a con. 

I'm surprised they cut Odom if they knew they would cut Hageman. Now we're down a D lineman. 

Real shame about both Hageman and Odom. I always thought Hageman had the potential to be an absolute beast. Shame he never put it all together for more then a quarter of playing time. 

Also weird how we let go of Odom, the Packers claim him and then deal another DE to the Cowboys for a pick. Don't get why the Cowboys didn't just claim Odom himself. 

What are the chances that the Falcons may listen to offers for Coleman do you think?  I brought it up in the Ravens forum but he's exactly the type of RB we need and while he plays a specific role in your offense, it's doubtful the team commits to him long-term with the contract they gave Freeman.  If you think it's possible, what type of value do you imagine?  What areas of your team do you think you'd maybe look for a player for player trade?

2 hours ago, beezee said:

What are the chances that the Falcons may listen to offers for Coleman do you think?  I brought it up in the Ravens forum but he's exactly the type of RB we need and while he plays a specific role in your offense, it's doubtful the team commits to him long-term with the contract they gave Freeman.  If you think it's possible, what type of value do you imagine?  What areas of your team do you think you'd maybe look for a player for player trade?

we can get out of freemans contract a year after coleman hits fa. Not completely inconceivable they pay coleman and then let freeman go a year later. Just depends on the money we have available,  success we have and how freeman does. To answer your question about the short term, I would say 2-3% top.

Archived