Week 17: Packers at Bares

packfanfb

It. Is. Time. Week 17 for the Packers who need a win against the rival Bears to secure the No. 1 seed and HFA.

Again, for those in the back, the playoff scenarios are as follows: 

Packers get the No. 1 seed and HFA throughout the playoffs if: 

1. We beat the Bears, or

2. SF beats Seattle

The Bears won't go easy as they have won 3 straight and are playing for their playoff-lives, needing a W over the Packers to secure a playoff spot, or a loss by Arizona to the Rams. 

If we win (or Seattle loses), the Packers get the bye, and are guaranteed 2 playoff games at Lambeau (assuming we win in the divisional round) on the way to Super Bowl LV. If we lose, and don't get any help from Seattle or the Saints, the Packers drop all the way to the No. 3 seed, guaranteeing us only 1 home playoff game, followed by likely 2 road playoff games in order to get to the ship. In other words, Week 17 should be treated as a must win, and basically is Round 1 of the playoffs for the Packers. After a big-time win against the 10-4 Titans, the Packers have come too far to let Mitch and Co. spoil it for us. Cap the regular season off with a 6th straight win. Let's get it. 

Who: Pettine's Packers at Nagy's Bears

National Football League GIF by NFL - Find & Share on GIPHY

Ice The Kicker Nagy GIF - IceTheKicker Nagy Bears - Discover & Share GIFs

Where: Soldier Field (a.k.a. Lambeau Field South); also prominently known for being real estate owned by the Aaron Rodgers Foundation. 

When: Sunday, January 3, 2021 at 4:25 EST (FOX)

Why: Because the Bears are in the way. 

As a man more famous than I once said: 

Go Pack - Album on Imgur

No man has crushed the Bears' souls over and over again like Aaron Rodgers. Time to do it again. Let's dance. 

Best Bears Vs Packers GIFs | Gfycat

Football nfl green bay packers GIF - Find on GIFER

Best Packers Vs Bears GIFs | Gfycat

Green Bay Packers Bears Gif Find Share On Giphy Packers Vs. Bears - LowGif

Watch Randall Cobb's incredible 1-handed touchdown catch | Green bay packers  football, American football, Nfl gifs

Packers vs. Bears Final Score: 33-28 Thriller Sends Green Bay to Playoffs -  Acme Packing Company

chivsgb | Tumblr

Jay Cutler Fumbles Ball Vs Packers Gif Sports Videos And Packers Vs. Bears  - LowGif

green bay packers chicago bears gif | WiffleGif

Their o-line is playing better.  As a result, Montgomery is playing better.  And Mitch.

We disrupt that o-line and I feel like everything else crumbles.

This game is up to Pettine.  Or MLF to keep his foot up Pettine's keister.  Or up to the veterans to keep MLF's foot up Pettine's keister.

Any way I look at it, we don't win unless there are feet up Pettine's keister.  And I just like typing keister.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

Their o-line is playing better.  As a result, Montgomery is playing better.  And Mitch.

We disrupt that o-line and I feel like everything else crumbles.

This game is up to Pettine.  Or MLF to keep his foot up Pettine's keister.  Or up to the veterans to keep MLF's foot up Pettine's keister.

Any way I look at it, we don't win unless there are feet up Pettine's keister.  And I just like typing keister.

Pettine just needs to keister this game and we can slip right into that number 1 seed without anyone knowing. 

• Like 1

I’m really happy this game means something. It always would have with the rivalry and according to AR, he would have been playing either way but the stakes being what they are, you want that going into the playoffs. 

This will be a better D than we’ve seen in a while but we are a much better team than the ones they’ve been feasting on lately. Later game means the cold and wind will set in as the sun goes down. 

3 hours ago, incognito_man said:

I remember being up 41-10 against this team not that long ago.

Good times

Looking forward to Rodgers absolutely ICING this MVP race with a 5 TD game

6 more and he has an even 50 on the season. Get 3 to Adams so he gets 20 on the year and then divide the last 3 between whoever. That would be my game plan as HC.

• Like 1

Contain and pressure Mitch - that’s all it should take to put them away.  Mitch is a scrambler, with pretty decent wheels.  Don’t let him escape the pocket, force him to throw under duress, and Savage will add to his collection of picks, and maybe a few others, too.

Equally as important, get out of that hell-hole without any injuries.  Worst natural turf in the NFL.

• Like 1