Week 17: Packers at Bares

packfanfb

35 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

The same could be said for most of the QB’s in the playoffs, including Rodgers!  There aren’t any cream puffs in the playoffs.

Wilson has the BS throw factor.

Thats the only team standing in our way if we blow this and have to play them in good conditions

I am thrilled that we have the opportunity to keep the Bears out of the playoffs

I would have preferred the Bears go from 5-1 to 5-11

But knocking them out of contention on the final day of the season is a nice consolation prize

I’m getting those old, familiar nerves.  Not about this game.  No.  The Packers will take care of business this weekend.  The stirring that dwells within is that feeling that this team has a destiny feel to it.

So why am I nervous?  Probably PTSD from the outcomes of previous NFCC games that left us all feeling like we wanted to take a bath with a toaster.  Allowing ourselves - myself - to get hopeful, hasn’t always ended happily.

But this year feels different, and maybe that’s why my hopes are higher.  That, and we’re running out of opportunities with Rodgers to get er done.

Regardless, it’s good to have this “stirring” feeling again, and I’ll let it be, for isn’t that the point of all this?  Go Pack!

• Like 2

Just now, Sasquatch said:

I’m getting those old, familiar nerves.  Not about this game.  No.  The Packers will take care of business this weekend.  The stirring that dwells within is that feeling that this team has a destiny feel to it.

So why am I nervous?  Probably PTSD from the outcomes of previous NFCC games that left us all feeling like we wanted to take a bath with a toaster.  Allowing ourselves - myself - to get hopeful, hasn’t always ended happily.

But this year feels different, and maybe that’s why my hopes are higher.  That, and we’re running out of opportunities with Rodgers to get er done.

Regardless, it’s good to have this “stirring” feeling again, and I’ll let it be, for isn’t that the point of all this?  Go Pack!

I've got that feeling I had the weekend we played the Falcons in 2011. I think we're gonna take this whole thing. I'm nervous but confident. Usually, I'm unaffected and expect the worst. This year just feels different. Superb Owl.

Just now, beekay414 said:

I've got that feeling I had the weekend we played the Falcons in 2011. I think we're gonna take this whole thing. I'm nervous but confident. Usually, I'm unaffected and expect the worst. This year just feels different. Superb Owl.

You said it better, and in less words.  Yes, this season does feel different, and damn it feels good!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, beekay414 said:

I remember that game - everyone was on about how Atlanta beat GB earlier that season, and I was like "yeah, by 3 points. That's basically anyone's game, GB can beat the Falcons."

That divisional game was one of my more pleasurable GB viewing experiences. The Packers could do no wrong. 

7 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

You said it better, and in less words.  Yes, this season does feel different, and damn it feels good!

To me, it feels good because of our defense over the past couple of weeks.

If looking at it as a whole....it feels bad.

Gary is much improved.  Savage is even more improved.  Z is still Z.  Clark is playing better every week now and getting back to owning the LOS.  Preston is playing better.  Jaire is even playing better (if that is possible).  Amos is being put into position to make tackles closer to the LOS.  Our ILB's are getting better every game.

Offensively, we have remained a consistently elite offense.  And we may have found a new weapon to batter the defense with and tire them out so Rodgers can shred.

There is a lot to be excited about.  

I feel like only Pettine can hold the defense back.

And our offense is only held back if we focus on trying to get individual records and awards.  

Specials will always be tougher for us.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vegas492 said:

To me, it feels good because of our defense over the past couple of weeks.

If looking at it as a whole....it feels bad.

Gary is much improved.  Savage is even more improved.  Z is still Z.  Clark is playing better every week now and getting back to owning the LOS.  Preston is playing better.  Jaire is even playing better (if that is possible).  Amos is being put into position to make tackles closer to the LOS.  Our ILB's are getting better every game.

Offensively, we have remained a consistently elite offense.  And we may have found a new weapon to batter the defense with and tire them out so Rodgers can shred.

There is a lot to be excited about.  

I feel like only Pettine can hold the defense back.

And our offense is only held back if we focus on trying to get individual records and awards.  

Specials will always be tougher for us.  

Perhaps it’s the uncertainty around whether Pettine and our defense have truly turned a corner that makes me nervous also.  I’ve been very encouraged by what we’ve seen the past few games.  Is it temporary - just a mirage - or has MLF and our defensive leaders truly gotten through to Pettine?

We’ve seen what the defense is capable of and the timing couldn’t be better.  And let’s face it, now is the time for all three phases of the game to be on point.  Fortunately we have leaders in the locker room with the experience and moxy to keep the young guys focused.  🤞 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Perhaps it’s the uncertainty around whether Pettine and our defense have truly turned a corner that makes me nervous also.  I’ve been very encouraged by what we’ve seen the past few games.  Is it temporary - just a mirage - or has MLF and our defensive leaders truly gotten through to Pettine?

We’ve seen what the defense is capable of and the timing couldn’t be better.  And let’s face it, now is the time for all three phases of the game to be on point.  Fortunately we have leaders in the locker room with the experience and moxy to keep the young guys focused.  🤞 

I feel like you do.

And can't help but wonder if Snacks will help the locker room out even more.  He should be hungry....for a ring.

And maybe he can show Kenny a trick or two.

I'll maintain...as long as there are feet up Pettine's keister, we will be fine.  

• Like 1