Week 17: Packers at Bares

packfanfb

2 hours ago, St Vince said:

Nah, they'll be highly motivated  regardless. They're playing for their coach and GM'S jobs.

? Forget about the coaches & GM positions. They'll be playing to make the playoffs and their own jobs.
I expect CHI to make this a tough win for us. Hopefully, its a walk in the park for us.....but I dont expect that.

The Bears are a Swift dropped TD and a Failcons meltdown away from being just another 6-9 team. They've beaten one team all year with over 6 wins. The Packers just need to handle their business, and typically we are locked in this time of year. I'm expecting another good game from our defense after the Titans game. Packers win 27-13. 

50 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

The Bears are a Swift dropped TD and a Failcons meltdown away from being just another 6-9 team. They've beaten one team all year with over 6 wins. The Packers just need to handle their business, and typically we are locked in this time of year. I'm expecting another good game from our defense after the Titans game. Packers win 27-13. 

Do you not remember the week 17 game against Detroit?

6 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Do you not remember the week 17 game against Detroit?

Yes. That said, this years team is significantly better than last years team. Nobody, not even posters here, bought this team as a legit 13-3 team. This years team has been handling business and getting up big against inferior competition. Yes, they have let a few teams make the game close again late but for the most part they've been building 2-3 score leads and not really having to deal with too much stressful minutes of play

4 hours ago, deltarich87 said:

Yes. That said, this years team is significantly better than last years team. Nobody, not even posters here, bought this team as a legit 13-3 team. This years team has been handling business and getting up big against inferior competition. Yes, they have let a few teams make the game close again late but for the most part they've been building 2-3 score leads and not really having to deal with too much stressful minutes of play

Let's be fair, at least - I didn't buy them as a legit 13-3 team; but a "bad" 13-3 team translates to, like, 10-6 which still isn't a "bad" team. 

But that's parsing, you're correct in the greater sense that even though this team has flaws, they definitely have as good a shot as anyone at winning it all. Last year didn't feel that way. 

2 hours ago, Mr Bad Example said:

Let's be fair, at least - I didn't buy them as a legit 13-3 team; but a "bad" 13-3 team translates to, like, 10-6 which still isn't a "bad" team. 

But that's parsing, you're correct in the greater sense that even though this team has flaws, they definitely have as good a shot as anyone at winning it all. Last year didn't feel that way. 

Yep, the Packers looked like a total pretender most of last year, while this year they have looked mostly like a serious contender.  The Packers can win it all if they bring their A game .. no doubt in my mind. 

2 hours ago, Mr Bad Example said:

Yes, and every team this year, including KC, has flaws.  The team that wins it all will be the one that makes the fewest mistakes in the post season.  If we don't turn it over and commit stupid penalties while playing up to our abilities we should be victorious tomorrow.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, deltarich87 said:

It was a tougher schedule this year, but who predicted Minnesota and Detroit would be as bad as they are?....Detroit gave us fits last year, and we struggled with teams like Washington, Carolina, and a Mahomes-less Chief's team....Lost to a not so good Phillip Rivers led Chargers and Wentz Eagles team....This season we've beaten  two teams over .500, New Orleans and Tennessee...Chicago should be our third....

Edited by 40Year Pack Fan