New Eminem album due out in November

JonStark

2 minutes ago, tom cody said:

Great to see some new Eminem, one of the best rappers ever IMO.

From 1996 - 2002, yes.

His work after The Eminem Show has largely dipped into and stayed in mediocrity. I'll give his new album a listen like I did his recent work, but I have low expectations.

13 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

From 1996 - 2002, yes.

His work after The Eminem Show has largely dipped into and stayed in mediocrity. I'll give his new album a listen like I did his recent work, but I have low expectations.

Even his work after that was better than 95% of the other garbage coming out these days.

17 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

From 1996 - 2002, yes.

Even after TES he had some amazing songs, they were just cluttered with some average/bad ones. I actually loved MMLPII and think Headlights is a top 10 song for me.

7 minutes ago, JonStark said:

Even after TES he had some amazing songs, they were just cluttered with some average/bad ones. I actually loved MMLPII and think Headlights is a top 10 song for me.

See that was actually probably my least favorite album. Encore, Relapse, and Recovery were not great but I can pretty much listen to the the whole album unlike MMLP2. Headlights was a very good song and probably the most repeated from that album. I know the accent raps from the Encore-Relapse era were hated but dark songs like 3am and stay wide awake were some of my favorites. 

3 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

See that was actually probably my least favorite album. Encore, Relapse, and Recovery were not great but I can pretty much listen to the the whole album unlike MMLP2. Headlights was a very good song and probably the most repeated from that album. I know the accent raps from the Encore-Relapse era were hated but dark songs like 3am and stay wide awake were some of my favorites. 

Yeah, I actually liked the accents (since it was only for one album). His flow was crazy with it, especially on Insane.

Recovery and Encore definitely have some great songs, but I think also have some pretty bad ones. I can listen to MMLPII front to back and love Rhyme or Reason, Legacy, Rap God, Brainless, Love Game, and Evil Twin. Hopefully we get a Mosh-type song or two on this one.

42 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

From 1996 - 2002, yes.

I feel mostly the same, but his work post Slim Shady for me has been a "rental". I hear his tracks once or twice and i never need to again. Kinda bizarre I guess, I don't feel that way about any other artist I like. Slim Shady LP will be in my rotation forever.

Archived