New Eminem album due out in November

JonStark

22 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Case in point... trash.

Not really trash, also not really a "rapper", more a hip-hop / dance-pop artist. Sorry to any fans but Kanye is an abysmal rapper. I enjoy some of his music, but he's just not what I would call a rapper.

On 10/11/2017 at 11:26 AM, cddolphin said:

From 1996 - 2002, yes.

His work after The Eminem Show has largely dipped into and stayed in mediocrity. I'll give his new album a listen like I did his recent work, but I have low expectations.

This.

Rap has fallen so far, though, that some people still think his newer work is good.

And....politics aside....his Trump rap was embarrassingly bad.   Seems like a sell out move for him to virtue signal like the rest of the buffoons in Hollywood.    Just seems like an attempt for him to hold onto what little relevance he has left.

^I think we're lucky to have an ULTRA mainstream guy like him with such lyrical talent, that even the super underground hip hop heads have to tip their cap once in a while. The vast majority of people who reach that kind of status are usually bland.

But yea, that is basically a publicity stunt feasting on some real low hanging fruit.

Though IMO what that does is nothing different than what the person he's crapping on does. He fires up his base and creates a wider rift between the other side who will dismiss him as an ignorant Hollywood clown. I dunno what actually should be done, but I see it no different than the things he's complaining about, except he's also doing it for direct personal profit. I got nothing to back this up, but I think that's what happens if you read the reactions from both sides.

Eminem used to be quite different back in the day. He didn't want to be affiliated with anything mainstream and would usually diss everything and anything. Unfortunately, he got a taste of being "mainstream" and now he's just as fake as the rest of them.

Archived