What to do at QB?

AnAngryAmerican

What is your preference for the QB spot?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. What is your preference for the QB spot?

• Keep Drew Lock as the starter for 2021
    • Draft a rookie in the 1st round and make him the starter
    • Trade for/sign an established vet (Stafford, Wentz, Ryan)
    • Trade for/sign a journeyman vet (Fitz, Tyrod) to compete with Lock

I am a Minnesotan. Lived here all my life. I have been a Broncos fan since Von. Being a Minnesotan, Packers fans are everywhere.

The grand majority that I encounter, and there is a lot because I live next door to Wisconsin and many move here because the Twin Cities are just better, they talk trash at me IMMEDIATELY. The second that they hear me say that I am a Broncos fan. And it has nothing to do with the 90s Super Bowl.

I hope that we get Rodgers if for no other reason than to piss these guys off. Not the Packers fans on this board. No. Just the ones that I deal with here in Minnesota.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, anewdawn said:

Bill Barnwell of ESPN who is supposed to be quite good at predicting trades according to the cast of NFL live feels it will be Carr, first and second in 2022 plus a 23 first with Rodgers and and a GB fourth in 2023 going to the raiders.  On the show they talked about a qb being returned to GB as a need for GB.  This is basically the trade I outlined a few days back on this thread. 

PS if I was GB and trade him I also despise him for forcing our hand.  And I think he does get traded if its not reconciled.  And since I have come to despise Rodgers (speaking as the GB FO here) I may even take a little less back in compensation so as to put him on a crap team like the Raiders because even with Rodgers they will not win a SB while he's there.  There are just way too many holes and with the loss of draft capital the Raiders won't be able to address those holes.    I would do this - trade him there out of SPITE!!!  Go to  hell AROD and go spin your wheels in Vegas.  lol.  He is a **** though isn't he?  And why the double standard - Wentz is ridiculed as a baby for crying about Hurts but few want to do the same to the diva Rodgers?  BUT don't get me wrong as a bronco I would welcome him :) 

There’s always going to be a double standard when you’re an all time great. And I think it’s valid for Rodgers to be upset when his team, a game away from the SB the previous year, drafts his replacement and then a 3rd string running back. And never takes a WR. It was so egregious, it’s almost like they went out of their way to piss him off.

• Like 1

Going back to possible trade specifics, if I’m Paton, there’s no way in hell I’m valuing Eric Stokes as the 29th pick in the draft. He was a borderline top 50 guy by consensus, so I’m not rewarding GB for their mega-reach. So the potential Surtain-Stokes swap is going to be the majority of the value I’m giving up. That plus a 2022 1st, and then some filler. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, broncosfan_101 said:

Going back to possible trade specifics, if I’m Paton, there’s no way in hell I’m valuing Eric Stokes as the 29th pick in the draft. He was a borderline top 50 guy by consensus, so I’m not rewarding GB for their mega-reach. So the potential Surtain-Stokes swap is going to be the majority of the value I’m giving up. That plus a 2022 1st, and then some filler. 

Personally, I really don't think the Surtain thing is in play here. That's Paton's guy in the same way Von was Elway's guy. You want those bragging rights if he becomes an All-Pro. 

• Like 3

On 5/8/2021 at 1:02 PM, broncosfan_101 said:

We are on the same page. I will give GB 2022 1st rounder, Sutton and either Bridgewater/Lock. That's Rodgers value to me at the age he currently is. This idea of giving up 2-3-4 first round picks on top of multiple players scares me away.

Force GB to either accept what you are offering or have Rodgers retire. I also don't buy for a second that he really wants to go to LV so I think it's the Broncos budding against themselves at the end of the day

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

On 5/7/2021 at 3:12 PM, broncofan48 said:

If teddy can’t beat out Lock he’s not much of an upgrade.  You seem confident that Lock will make a jump but there’s plenty of players who haven’t.  

If you think Lock can make a Josh Allen style jump that’s fine, but I don’t and if he doesn’t we are right back to square 1 - needing a QB to compete in this division and conference 

Bingo. I understand having faith in Lock figuring it out, but it's a hail Mary. He could, but it's about the same chance as hitting a half court shot in basketball. I give it 10-15% that he hits.

What's going to be really weird is if he does improve but it's not a ton. Like if he becomes the 18th-22nd best QB in the league. Then the Broncos go into next year wondering the same question if he's the guy or not.

2 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

We are on the same page. I will give GB 2022 1st rounder, Sutton and either Bridgewater/Lock. That's Rodgers value to me at the age he currently is. This idea of giving up 2-3-4 first round picks on top of multiple players scares me away.

Force GB to either accept what you are offering or have Rodgers retire. I also don't buy for a second that he really wants to go to LV so I think it's the Broncos budding against themselves at the end of the day

I'd rather watch Rodgers retire than accept that poo poo platter of an offer.  A very late FRP, a WR coming off a torn ACL who needs a contract extension, and a bust/bridge QB is an awful, awful offer.  Go check out the Stafford package and work from there.

On 5/8/2021 at 12:43 PM, BroncoBruin said:

Personally, I really don't think the Surtain thing is in play here. That's Paton's guy in the same way Von was Elway's guy. You want those bragging rights if he becomes an All-Pro. 

Agreed.  Really don't think Paton even entertains a Surtain trade.  But the notion that Stokes was a reach is a really bad take as well.

On 5/8/2021 at 10:06 AM, anewdawn said:

Bill Barnwell of ESPN who is supposed to be quite good at predicting trades according to the cast of NFL live feels it will be Carr, first and second in 2022 plus a 23 first with Rodgers and and a GB fourth in 2023 going to the raiders.  On the show they talked about a qb being returned to GB as a need for GB.  This is basically the trade I outlined a few days back on this thread. 

That's not an awful offer especially if they can flip Derek Carr for more picks.  That'd be my low-end of the packages I'd anticipate.

2 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Bingo. I understand having faith in Lock figuring it out, but it's a hail Mary. He could, but it's about the same chance as hitting a half court shot in basketball. I give it 10-15% that he hits.

What's going to be really weird is if he does improve but it's not a ton. Like if he becomes the 18th-22nd best QB in the league. Then the Broncos go into next year wondering the same question if he's the guy or not.

Once again, I think Lock is on the outside looking in. Bridgewater is a solid NFL vet with a winning record. Extremely accurate, smart, and a perfect fit for Shurmers offense. Bridgewater should thrive. With all the weapons he has his job is merely distributing the ball. With his 69% completion percentage vs Locks 57% and a rating 15+ points higher we've already made a significant upgrade at that position. 

I could easily see Bridgewater as a top 10 QB this season. A full season at the level he played at in NO is what I'm expecting.