What to do at QB?

AnAngryAmerican

What is your preference for the QB spot?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. What is your preference for the QB spot?

• Keep Drew Lock as the starter for 2021
    • Draft a rookie in the 1st round and make him the starter
    • Trade for/sign an established vet (Stafford, Wentz, Ryan)
    • Trade for/sign a journeyman vet (Fitz, Tyrod) to compete with Lock

5 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

Considering Rodgers agent has put an ultimatum to the Packers, either trade me by the 2nd or I'm sitting out and you'll pay me $6.8M, really doesn't seem like you have a lot of say of who you'll get offered. Rodgers sits out another year, his value declines just like the offer.  How's that Stones song go "....you can't always get what you want" 

Yeah, more posturing by his agent. Let him sit if he wants to. We get back his base salary for our cap too. 

As for the song, that is what Denver fans are going to be signing when we trade him someplace else. 

53 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Yeah, more posturing by his agent. Let him sit if he wants to. We get back his base salary for our cap too. 

As for the song, that is what Denver fans are going to be signing when we trade him someplace else. 

SIGNING ??? Learn to spell  Old 'Packer' Guy...who else has ANY assets or cap space to trade for him  ??? Ever heard of a rock and a hard place ?  It's in Green Bay right now....don't come over here trying to pull a squeeze play unless you got some game

2 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

SIGNING ??? Learn to spell  Old 'Packer' Guy...who else has ANY assets or cap space to trade for him  ??? Ever heard of a rock and a hard place ?  It's in Green Bay right now....don't come over here trying to pull a squeeze play unless you got some game

LOL! It's the internet! You think anything we say here has any bearing on reality? You are acting like this has some actual meaning in real like. 

As for the rock and hard place, you got Teddy two gloves or Lock. Best of luck with that! 

As for the spelling, you busted me. My left index finger beat my right index finger to the keyboard! Have a good evening and thanks for the laugh. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

LOL! It's the internet! You think anything we say here has any bearing on reality? You are acting like this has some actual meaning in real like. 

As for the rock and hard place, you got Teddy two gloves or Lock. Best of luck with that! 

As for the spelling, you busted me. My left index finger beat my right index finger to the keyboard! Have a good evening and thanks for the laugh. 

Yeah, I take it for what's it's worth, especially when a Pack fan comes over here threatening us that we need to over pay for a 38-yr old qb or they're gonna trade him elsewhere.....where is what I want to know ?? The Raiders for Carr +. And you laugh at our QB situation....good luck Old Guy ! 

1 minute ago, Cutler06 said:

Yeah, I take it for what's it's worth, especially when a Pack fan comes over here threatening us that we need to over pay for a 38-yr old qb or they're gonna trade him elsewhere.....where is what I want to know ?? The Raiders for Carr +. And you laugh at our QB situation....good luck Old Guy ! 

Threatening you? You are hysterical! Love for you to point out anything close to a threat? Get a grip man! 

52 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Threatening you? You are hysterical! Love for you to point out anything close to a threat? Get a grip man! 

I did consider it a thread that you stated GB would TRADE him to a different team because YOU didn't like the offer put out...don't you remember doing that, maybe Alzheimer's is setting in, don't know.  

24 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

I did consider it a thread that you stated GB would TRADE him to a different team because YOU didn't like the offer put out...don't you remember doing that, maybe Alzheimer's is setting in, don't know.  

It's the INTERNET and nobody on here has any say so if or to who Rodgers gets traded to. Guess what, if does go on the market, Gutekunst is going to take the best offer. So if DENVER doesn't pony up, he's going elsewhere. 

There really is nothing threatening about that. It's reality, you take the best deal! 

On 6/28/2021 at 10:23 AM, Old Guy said:

I don't see Fant being a stud either. I was thinking scrap the original two players he had. The picks are close with 2 -1st, 1 - 2nd and 1 - 3rd. We'd also want KJ Hamler and Bradley Chubb and we'd send Preston Smith to you with Rodgers. 

I think that is where GB would need to get in order to part with Rodgers. 

Elway for Rogers straight up. I hear the mares were quite fond of his performance in XXXII. He keeps the number 7 which gets retired at Lambeau.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/28/2021 at 9:25 PM, Old Guy said:

It's the INTERNET and nobody on here has any say so if or to who Rodgers gets traded to. Guess what, if does go on the market, Gutekunst is going to take the best offer. So if DENVER doesn't pony up, he's going elsewhere. 

There really is nothing threatening about that. It's reality, you take the best deal! 

However, Rogers did suggest that he wants to be on the west coast, or in the west.  If you do not think that the has some pull as to where he goes, then you are a rabbit. 

9 minutes ago, jsthomp2007 said:

However, Rogers did suggest that he wants to be on the west coast, or in the west.  If you do not think that the has some pull as to where he goes, then you are a rabbit. 

You mean like Favre had when the Packers sent him to the Jets rather than his preferred destination? LOL

59 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

You mean like Favre had when the Packers sent him to the Jets rather than his preferred destination? LOL

Very different situations.  Favre retired and came out of retirement because he wanted to play football.  He was also traded for a conditional pick.

Aaron Rodgers appears content not playing football.  All he has to say is I’m not playing for x team and no one is going to give up multiple 1s and young players for Rodgers unless he is 100% fully committed to playing for that team.

I’ve stated this before, but Rodgers has all the leverage.  He doesn’t come across as someone who is bluffing.

1. He seems content not playing football, so if GB refuses to trade him out of spite Rodgers will have plenty of opportunities outside of football and GB missed out on acquiring numerous 1st round picks and young talent…that’s a win for Rodgers.  

2.  He’s back in GB after the Packers meet his demands….that’s a win for Rodgers.

3.  He’s traded to a team he wants to play for….that’s a win for Rodgers.  

Obviously I don’t know Rodgers personally, but he doesn’t seem the type that will come out of this looking like the loser.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, germ-x said:

Very different situations.  Favre retired and came out of retirement because he wanted to play football.  He was also traded for a conditional pick.

Aaron Rodgers appears content not playing football.  All he has to say is I’m not playing for x team and no one is going to give up multiple 1s and young players for Rodgers unless he is 100% fully committed to playing for that team.

I’ve stated this before, but Rodgers has all the leverage.  He doesn’t come across as someone who is bluffing.

1. He seems content not playing football, so if GB refuses to trade him out of spite Rodgers will have plenty of opportunities outside of football and GB missed out on acquiring numerous 1st round picks and young talent…that’s a win for Rodgers.  

2.  He’s back in GB after the Packers meet his demands….that’s a win for Rodgers.

3.  He’s traded to a team he wants to play for….that’s a win for Rodgers.  

Obviously I don’t know Rodgers personally, but he doesn’t seem the type that will come out of this looking like the loser.  

OK, we will see, but I believe Rodgers is in camp at the start. 

2 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

Just shows you what a crap organization the Packers are....

Compare our record with yours and get back to me. Start with Championships! 

You seriously have to be joking if you think teams should give in to a guy, under contract for 3 more years, demands. Not only to be traded but to his destination. Talk about giving away your leverage!

LOL

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

Compare our record with yours and get back to me. Start with Championships! 

You seriously have to be joking if you think teams should give in to a guy, under contract for 3 more years, demands. Not only to be traded but to his destination. Talk about giving away your leverage!

LOL

You obviously don't get the meaning. Your organization doesn't care about it's players, they only do what they think the organization wants to do. Many organizations will try to accommodate players wishes as long as it doesn't conflict with their own. Packers (and it appears it's fans as well) only care about themselves, 

And lets start with Super Bowl 32, if you want to directly compare our two organizations....hugely favored, the Packers CHOKED THE CHICKEN there, I enjoy that EVERY TIME I RE-WATCH IT !!