What to do at QB?

What is your preference for the QB spot?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. What is your preference for the QB spot?

• Keep Drew Lock as the starter for 2021
    • Draft a rookie in the 1st round and make him the starter
    • Trade for/sign an established vet (Stafford, Wentz, Ryan)
    • Trade for/sign a journeyman vet (Fitz, Tyrod) to compete with Lock

55 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

I don't think Roseman accounted for the regression of Wentz so much. The owner clearly picked Wentz and that's why Pederson was fired. That's coming straight from Troy Aikman things change imo

This doesn’t at all address my comments. There’s a reason Hurts was brought in, and Roseman’s the one who made that call. Roseman is still making personnel decisions today, so I can’t imagine a reason why he would suddenly sour on the kid. Unless Lurie called Roseman and said ‘Wentz is the guy,’ which we have no reason to believe has happened. 

27 minutes ago, broncosfan_101 said:

This doesn’t at all address my comments. There’s a reason Hurts was brought in, and Roseman’s the one who made that call. Roseman is still making personnel decisions today, so I can’t imagine a reason why he would suddenly sour on the kid. Unless Lurie called Roseman and said ‘Wentz is the guy,’ which we have no reason to believe has happened. 

Laurie made the JJ pick Laurie has Roseman basically as a puppet a figurehead yes man. Doug was fired bc he preferred Hurts I think the owner makes the final call.

There's plenty of reason to believe that has happened. It's going to be a circus if both show up at camp something is going to give.

Re: Hurts, I'm sorry, but I'll believe PHI is willing to trade Hurts and his rookie level contract and keep Wentz when that happens.   The only scenario where Hurts is going is if PHI is doing a Kyler Murray - ARI scenario - and in that scenario, both are gone.   Otherwise, I don't see Hurts going before Wentz.   

The cap reality just forces that direction - their QB needs to be uber-cheap at this stage, or such an elite player they justify 20M+ commitments per year.   That's not Wentz right now, nor is it foreseeable next year with his mechanical / confidence (he's lost the willingess to anticipate and throw into windows, which is why he's hanging on to the ball so long, taking more sacks and throwing late).  Anything being discussed right now is as much smoke as it is concrete info.   

This is a really good big picture view on what happened in PHI - the fact Pederson didn't get fired on Black Monday, and then a week later, really speaks to the fact the Week 17 debacle with Sudfeld likely played a part - where Pederson's decreasing voice into the team's direction was the key divide.   Frankly, if it was Roseman or Lurie, they wanted Hurts. 

https://www.sportingnews.com/ca/nfl/news/doug-pederson-eagles-fired/6rspewdzry7x1igcgnlj2rakh

To somehow think the team fired Pederson because they didn't want to keep Hurts over Wentz, is completely illogical with the fact the GM/owner combo signed off on Hurts Rd2 this past year.    I don't see Hurts leaving PHI unless they're spending 1.6 on QB, otherwise the org's financial health pretty much dictates seeing what Hurts gives them next year.

Edited by Broncofan
48 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

To somehow think the team fired Pederson because they didn't want to keep Hurts over Wentz, is completely illogical with the fact the GM/owner combo signed off on Hurts Rd2 this past year.    I don't see Hurts leaving PHI unless they're spending 1.6 on QB, otherwise the org's financial health pretty much dictates seeing what Hurts gives them next year.

Pederson and Aikman have a close relationship not saying it's Favre and Pederson, but I doubt he'd say that and make it up out of thin air I'd agree with you to keep Hurts as collateral. But, their owner meddles in things a lot more than you think. 34 million dollars seems to be doing the talking we'll definitely see in time. Who knows maybe it's all smoke to save Wentz's value. Feels weird coming fro Aikman though imo.

BTW, if it's not clear who Watson's angry with.....

Immediately followed by this from Watson 3 hours later...

Well done McNair, I know when I have an unhappy player, texting them usually solves the problem.

Edited by Broncofan

If the HC search ends up being as uninspiring as alluded to - man, this situation is escalating quickly.   And again - it’s not Watson that’s the problem here.   That org is a gong show with the current ownership & Easterby.  

That’s one novel way to make the final call.  😳