What to do at QB?

AnAngryAmerican

What is your preference for the QB spot?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. What is your preference for the QB spot?

• Keep Drew Lock as the starter for 2021
    • Draft a rookie in the 1st round and make him the starter
    • Trade for/sign an established vet (Stafford, Wentz, Ryan)
    • Trade for/sign a journeyman vet (Fitz, Tyrod) to compete with Lock

2 hours ago, Cutler06 said:

Well, over in the Green Bay forum they're about 2 inches rom the ledge, they want AR12 traded after a sub-par performance, perhaps now is the time for a low-ball offer  😈

Like a can of pringles and a sandwich?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, champ11 said:

question now should be "why was drew getting any first team reps in TC" lmao 

I've thought the same thing. It had to be for appearance sake. Also, he needs all the reps he can get.

Our coaches knew very early who the better QB was and it wasn't close.

19 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

I've thought the same thing. It had to be for appearance sake. Also, he needs all the reps he can get.

Our coaches knew very early who the better QB was and it wasn't close.

Thought the competition was rigged and everything 

1 hour ago, champ11 said:

Thought the competition was rigged and everything 

The competition was rigged. That doesn't mean they made the wrong choice, just that Drew didn't have a chance to win the job; Paton, Vic and Shurmur decided on their starting QB before the ink was dry on Teddy's contract. 

Time will tell. Teddy has looked good in two games. But lets see if it continues as we begin to play real teams, opposing DCs get more film on the offense and we suffer injuries. Even with the last two games, I don't see a franchise QB or a Super Bowl QB in Teddy. Someone who can lead us to playing meaningful football in November and December, now the organization's stated goal, and what the Vikings were during Paton's tenure? Probably. A legitimate Super Bowl contender? No. 

The hope now is that the new owner, whomever it is, will come and set higher expectations rather than run this team like he's D. Monfort. 

Edited by AnAngryAmerican
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

The competition was rigged. That doesn't mean they made the wrong choice, just that Drew didn't have a chance to win the job; Paton, Vic and Shurmur decided on their starting QB before the ink was dry on Teddy's contract. 

Time will tell. Teddy has looked good in two games. But lets see if it continues as we begin to play real teams, opposing DCs get more film on the offense and we suffer injuries. Even with the last two games, I don't see a franchise QB or a Super Bowl QB in Teddy. Someone who can lead us to playing meaningful football in November and December, now the organization's stated goal, and what the Vikings were during Paton's tenure? Probably. A legitimate Super Bowl contender? No. 

The hope now is that the new owner, whomever it is, will come and set higher expectations rather than run this team like he's D. Monfort. 

is a competition rigged if the clearly better player who is clearly better, performs better, and therefore earns the starting spot? 

you may get your wish and the broncos may stink when the schedule gets tougher. we will see! 

Edited by champ11
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

While I have little doubt that Teddy was brought in to be a stopgap for whatever young guy Paton drafts next year, I wonder if we may have accidentally stumbled across our franchise QB here.

I don't think it was an accident. Paton drafted him, Shurmer was his OC in Minnesota and Fangio was 1-3 against him as a DC. I'm pretty sure they were ecstatic when they got him for a 6th.

• Like 1