What to do at QB?

AnAngryAmerican

What is your preference for the QB spot?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. What is your preference for the QB spot?

• Keep Drew Lock as the starter for 2021
    • Draft a rookie in the 1st round and make him the starter
    • Trade for/sign an established vet (Stafford, Wentz, Ryan)
    • Trade for/sign a journeyman vet (Fitz, Tyrod) to compete with Lock

SUPERBOWL 55 - Can't help but comment.  Can't believe how hard I was pulling for Brady and Gronk - I would have never imagined this.  But as some may recall I don't even watch Mahomes play anymore as I despise him and the Chiefs so much!  I don't even watch when we play them - YET.  But I started watching this game and never ever stopped.  He wasn't broken in this bowl game the way we broke Newton in our last SB victory but it came close.  Early in the second the camera panned to him and you could see in his eyes that he was done.  That play where 3 buc defenders turned him into a living pretzel was awesome.  Feel so good for Suh as I have been a long time fan of his.  Also want to say that in a way I kind of feel bad for Mahomes.  Is it just me because I sense a vibe that though everyone praises him and the Chiefs (I mean how can't you. Mahomes is fn awesome) that in a way everyone is already tired of him and the Chiefs.  Just a few years in and the boredom of greatness has set in.  Everyone is tired of him and the rest of those clowns for making it look so easy.  Can't wait till the cap realities set in with them and really complicate things.  You know in a way I have always respected the teams in our division.  I mean Air Coriel and the Chargers changed football and the silver and black well how can any football fearing person not be drawn to that in a way I don't really like to admit.  But I have never ever respected the Chiefs.  So glad they lost, not even one td!! :)   

31 minutes ago, anewdawn said:

SUPERBOWL 55 - Can't help but comment.  Can't believe how hard I was pulling for Brady and Gronk - I would have never imagined this.  But as some may recall I don't even watch Mahomes play anymore as I despise him and the Chiefs so much!  I don't even watch when we play them - YET.  But I started watching this game and never ever stopped.  He wasn't broken in this bowl game the way we broke Newton in our last SB victory but it came close.  Early in the second the camera panned to him and you could see in his eyes that he was done.  That play where 3 buc defenders turned him into a living pretzel was awesome.  Feel so good for Suh as I have been a long time fan of his.  Also want to say that in a way I kind of feel bad for Mahomes.  Is it just me because I sense a vibe that though everyone praises him and the Chiefs (I mean how can't you. Mahomes is fn awesome) that in a way everyone is already tired of him and the Chiefs.  Just a few years in and the boredom of greatness has set in.  Everyone is tired of him and the rest of those clowns for making it look so easy.  Can't wait till the cap realities set in with them and really complicate things.  You know in a way I have always respected the teams in our division.  I mean Air Coriel and the Chargers changed football and the silver and black well how can any football fearing person not be drawn to that in a way I don't really like to admit.  But I have never ever respected the Chiefs.  So glad they lost, not even one td!! :)   

I don't despise Mahomes at all respect his game a ton unbelievable talent. He usually comes back stronger after a big loss so I'm not too excited .

As for the Winfield doing the peace sign in Hills face I freaking loved that lol. I'm so used to hill doing the peace sign too us. Revenge is a dish best served cold lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Dunno - I kinda hate Mahomes. I think he's a bit corny and subtly cocky but that is 100% me being bitter because he's the best player in the league and he plays for the Chiefs.

I'm with you lol. Can't stand the guy. Yes, he's good, but he plays for KC. I want him to fail early and often. That's just the nature of a divisional rivalry.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, broncos67 said:

I'm with you lol. Can't stand the guy. Yes, he's good, but he plays for KC. I want him to fail early and often. That's just the nature of a divisional rivalry.

I'm just the opposite. I hate 'em during the season but will root for them in the SB.

I think that just comes from being an AFL fan.  I was never so happy with a SB outcome (excluding Denver wins of course) as when KC throttled Minnesota in SB 4. Two wins in a row for the AFL. It pretty much stopped all the "AFL is just inferior" bar talk around the nation. 

From Colorado I was attending ND at the time and everyone there was a Vikings fan. I was constantly told how badly the Vikings would beat KC. The last laugh that time was a dandy!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

I'm just the opposite. I hate 'em during the season but will root for them in the SB.

I think that just comes from being an AFL fan.  I was never so happy with a SB outcome (excluding Denver wins of course) as when KC throttled Minnesota in SB 4. Two wins in a row for the AFL. It pretty much stopped all the "AFL is just inferior" bar talk around the nation. 

From Colorado I was attending ND at the time and everyone there was a Vikings fan. I was constantly told how badly the Vikings would beat KC. The last laugh that time was a dandy!

I find it tough to hate Mahomes, such a great kid.  But, that doesn't mean I have to root for him.  

Edited by jsthomp2007
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, jolly red giant said:

The NFL GMs are clearly infected with something - the potential QB carousel is mad this year.

And I am definitely coming around to the idea of selling the house to get Watson (or Wilson) - hell I'd even take Dak and pay him a big chunk of change.

I think what they're infected by is the realization that Tom Brady is the 1st QB ever to win a SB with a cap hit higher than 12% of the total at $28 million. Financially, TB was in cap heaven this year. with guys like White, Wirfs and Vea on rookie deals playing at all pro levels and only $13 million in combined dead cap and IR. 

Thats a rare situation, SB winning rare.