What to do at QB?

AnAngryAmerican

What is your preference for the QB spot?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. What is your preference for the QB spot?

• Keep Drew Lock as the starter for 2021
    • Draft a rookie in the 1st round and make him the starter
    • Trade for/sign an established vet (Stafford, Wentz, Ryan)
    • Trade for/sign a journeyman vet (Fitz, Tyrod) to compete with Lock

I feel like the route you guys are going to go is meh vet to compete with Lock. I see this very similarly to the Trubisky / Bears situation last year. Maybe a guy that can win the starting job, but you don't think is good enough to be likely to do it.  Obviously Fitzy is the guy that would immediately spring to mind, and Alex makes sense if he's cut. Maybe Jacoby Brissett? 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Maybe Jacoby Brissett? 

I just can't see that not in this division I don't think he moves the needle. 

There's so many variables that go into this stuff. I know rivers skills are eroding but just a presence mentally and preparing he'd be cool for a year if colts try to upgrade

Hmm.

Klis: "Elway, I think is coming back. But I think there might be a change or two in the personnel department. The big question for 2021 is who will be their QB. I would make it 55% for Lock coming back. But someone else is coming in whether the Broncos go Zach Wilson or Andy Dalton."

Paige:

Edited by bMiller031

14 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

That sound you hear is Darnold re-entering the trade market.    This is his signature game.  Wow.  

I still like Wilson better for Shurmur’s offence, but I can absolutely see Fields being the better fit for an offence that needs a running threat from their QB. And dang, his accuracy is special.

1 minute ago, broncosfan_101 said:

I still like Wilson better for Shurmur’s offence, but I can absolutely see Fields being the better fit for an offence that needs a running threat from their QB. And dang, his accuracy is special.

I just don’t think the Jets will think passing on QB at 1.2 is the play.   Not with both choices there.  

Edited by Broncofan

11 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

I just don’t think the Jets will think passing on QB at 1.2 is the play.   Not with both choices there.  

With no defender worth the pick and LT locked up, I agree. It’s either QB, or if the new coaching staff likes Darnold, sell the pick for a ransom. 

8 minutes ago, broncosfan_101 said:

With no defender worth the pick and LT locked up, I agree. It’s either QB, or if the new coaching staff likes Darnold, sell the pick for a ransom. 

It’s so rare for new coaches to come in and keep what’s there instead of the shiny new toy - esp when they get their choice of guys like Fields / Wilson.    I’d put better than 2-1 odds Darnold is on a different team next May (and I think Darnold will also work out for whatever team gets him).  

Edited by Broncofan

Just now, Broncofan said:

It’s so rare for new coaches to come in and keep what’s there instead of the shiny new toy - esp when they get their choice of guys like Fields / Wilson.    I’d put better than 2-1 odds Darnold is on a different team next May.  

Oh yeah, I’d put the odds even lower. Just saying that’s the only other play besides taking a QB at #2.