What to do at QB?

AnAngryAmerican

What is your preference for the QB spot?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. What is your preference for the QB spot?

• Keep Drew Lock as the starter for 2021
    • Draft a rookie in the 1st round and make him the starter
    • Trade for/sign an established vet (Stafford, Wentz, Ryan)
    • Trade for/sign a journeyman vet (Fitz, Tyrod) to compete with Lock

11 minutes ago, broncosfan07 said:

Even without the contract not sure I’d really want Wentz, dude has been living a lie for a few seasons now. I would much rather roll the dice on Winston.

This is true. We definitely have a lot of luck when it comes to other teams #1 overall picks

If Bradford can go for a first Wentz should net that easily. He made scrub wrs last year look serviceable to make the postseason he had an MVP caliber season three years ago Bradford never had that.

Never underestimate a coaches mindset they can fix someone. Fulgum was Phillies number one wr this year he was hoping from practice squad to practice squad prior.

I'm not pounding the table for Carson but whatever team takes that Gamble I totally respect that risk. 

Winston to me has always looked like he couldn't handle the heat and pressure of situations I'm not sure I buy lasik fixes all that 

If things hold we’ll be in either the 1.8 or 1.9 slot (subject to PHI/WAS tonight). That puts us in striking range for a blue-chip guy but, unfortunately, the teams we could’ve passed but didn’t (DET & CAR) are candidates for a R1 QB so the value of our pick isn’t as high as it could’ve been w/ so many QB-needy teams ahead of us.

6 minutes ago, bMiller031 said:

If things hold we’ll be in either the 1.8 or 1.9 slot (subject to PHI/WAS tonight). That puts us in striking range for a blue-chip guy but, unfortunately, the teams we could’ve passed but didn’t (DET & CAR) are candidates for a R1 QB so the value of our pick isn’t as high as it could’ve been w/ so many QB-needy teams ahead of us.

I’d rather not draft a QB this year because I believe the current ownership needs be accountable for the state of the team. No resetting the clock by drafting another QB or firing a head coach. They made their bed and need to lie in it, for good or bad. Also, if QB draft history is an indicator, then we don’t need another. Draft more talent, play out 2021. 

2 minutes ago, The Helicopter said:

I’d rather not draft a QB this year because I believe the current ownership needs be accountable for the state of the team. No resetting the clock by drafting another QB or firing a head coach. They made their bed and need to lie in it, for good or bad. Also, if QB draft history is an indicator, then we don’t need another. Draft more talent, play out 2021. 

I kinda am on this bandwagon I hope we get some type of normalcy with this pandemic so he has a shot to succeed.

And I also hope Lance doesn't become the next big thing lol. 

Shurmer prefers the vets anyway historically it seems. I think this root is null tbh.

5 minutes ago, The Helicopter said:

Yeah I hear you and don’t disagree. My only point was the value at the top of this draft is driven by the 4 QBs and those guys being in play at 1.8/1.9 makes our pick more valuable. 

2 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

Is Cam a consideration? Hid numbers are solid if you factor in total completion percentage, total TD , Total yards, and Lack of weapons. 

He may thrive here 

A HUGE, MASSIVE, GINORMOUS....NO THANK YOU.

Yes, that was all caps.

His arm is shot - it wore down with the season - and that's the shoulder that went through labrum repair.    You want a guy who can throw it downfield.  His lack of accuracy is a major red flag.    It wasn't Von who ended him, but the shoulder injury.   He's not even close to Cam 2015, or even 2017 form.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

If Bradford can go for a first Wentz should net that easily. He made scrub wrs last year look serviceable to make the postseason he had an MVP caliber season three years ago Bradford never had that.

Never underestimate a coaches mindset they can fix someone. Fulgum was Phillies number one wr this year he was hoping from practice squad to practice squad prior.

I'm not pounding the table for Carson but whatever team takes that Gamble I totally respect that risk. 

Winston to me has always looked like he couldn't handle the heat and pressure of situations I'm not sure I buy lasik fixes all that 

Bradford went for a 1st because it was 4 days before the season began, and there was literally no one else on the market.  MIN thought they were 1 guy away, and didn't have any options.  That's how you get the Bradford scenario.   

The offseason with everyone available, and Wentz's level of play - there is literally zero chance PHI sniffs a 1st.   Wentz's contract alone makes that prohibitive, but frankly, his level of play post-ACL has never approached his pre-ACL days.   That and the 2020 tape will scare anyone away from that kind of price tag - along with the fact you can get other guys at more affordable prices.