What to do at QB?

AnAngryAmerican

What is your preference for the QB spot?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. What is your preference for the QB spot?

• Keep Drew Lock as the starter for 2021
    • Draft a rookie in the 1st round and make him the starter
    • Trade for/sign an established vet (Stafford, Wentz, Ryan)
    • Trade for/sign a journeyman vet (Fitz, Tyrod) to compete with Lock

17 hours ago, Scoundrel said:

He will be superb

Agreed. If I were Paton and Mac Jones is there at #9 the pick would be in before I was even officially on the clock.  

Edited by germ-x
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, jolly red giant said:

Don't worry - he hasn't done anything as serious as take a knee during the national anthem.

That guy from seattle Nate something really opened my eyes and made me objective to that whole thing.. he was a green beret and recommended it.

Watson being outed as a sex pest increases the chances of him returning to the Texans IMO.

No one is going to trade a ransom for him with this hanging over him but I don't think the Texans would let him go on the cheap either. The fall in his reputation really takes away his ability to hold out as well.

12 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

That guy from seattle Nate something really opened my eyes and made me objective to that whole thing.. he was a green beret and recommended it.

I think that’s part of the point he’s making.  Kaepernick’s career ended because of it.  Going further and in the opposite direction Brees’ legacy was tarnished saying he’d stand.

Point being, you get more of a pass for sexually assaulting someone or beating your kids/spouse, or getting a DUI than you do having an opinion on the anthem that harms no one.

Strange times. 

15 minutes ago, germ-x said:

I think that’s part of the point he’s making.  Kaepernick’s career ended because of it.  Going further and in the opposite direction Brees’ legacy was tarnished saying he’d stand.

Point being, you get more of a pass for sexually assaulting someone or beating your kids/spouse, or getting a DUI than you do having an opinion on the anthem that harms no one.

Strange times. 

Listen Kaep was benched for Gabbert and did way more things beyond kneel. I person don't think he was starter material at the end. And than wasn't he demanding 20 million to play? 

I felt worse for Tebow tbh. I think he should of been a backup but his following was too big.

8 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Listen Kaep was benched for Gabbert and did way more things beyond kneel. I person don't think he was starter material at the end. And than wasn't he demanding 20 million to play? 

I felt worse for Tebow tbh. I think he should of been a backup but his following was too big.

Tebow had his chances. He was not an NFL quarterback. There’s nothing to feel bad about. 

31 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Tebow had his chances. He was not an NFL quarterback. There’s nothing to feel bad about. 

Kap turned down an offer from the Seahawks and baltimore was gonna give him the RG3 backup spot until his girl said the owner was a slave owner or something he had his chances as well .

15 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Kap turned down an offer from the Seahawks and baltimore was gonna give him the RG3 backup spot until his girl said the owner was a slave owner or something he had his chances as well .

What does any of that have to do with Tebow not being an NFL quarterback, I wonder 

51 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

What does any of that have to do with Tebow not being an NFL quarterback, I wonder 

Because they're kinda parallel in ways . I truly believe they were both backup caliber players when the NFL moved on from them, but the circus that followed both wouldn't allow for that. I've seen terrible backup qbs in this league. I'd take Tebow over driskell, peterman, and probably even Colt Mccoy. The problem is he'd take away from the team.

Honestly, shocked Jags never had Tebow in 2013 or 2014. Florida loves him would of brought a ton of revenue. Then they could of got a franchise guy in 2016 or 2017. Instead they went with Bortles which netted bust results anyway.

4 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Because they're kinda parallel in ways . I truly believe they were both backup caliber players when the NFL moved on from them, but the circus that followed both wouldn't allow for that. I've seen terrible backup qbs in this league. I'd take Tebow over driskell, peterman, and probably even Colt Mccoy. The problem is he'd take away from the team.

Honestly, shocked Jags never had Tebow in 2013 or 2014. Florida loves him would of brought a ton of revenue. Then they could of got a franchise guy in 2016 or 2017. Instead they went with Bortles which netted bust results anyway.

Lol. Tebow wasn’t in the same universe as Kaepernick as an NFL quarterback and I’m someone who viewed Kaep as a backup/spot starter for the rest of his career. There are no parallels. Tebow flamed out because he couldn’t play quarterback. And four teams gave him a shot to prove otherwise.

Edited by BroncoBruin