What to do at QB?

AnAngryAmerican

What is your preference for the QB spot?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. What is your preference for the QB spot?

• Keep Drew Lock as the starter for 2021
    • Draft a rookie in the 1st round and make him the starter
    • Trade for/sign an established vet (Stafford, Wentz, Ryan)
    • Trade for/sign a journeyman vet (Fitz, Tyrod) to compete with Lock

5 minutes ago, bMiller031 said:

A *pissed off* 38 year old Rodgers

Yeah, I think he has 4 years left in him. Similar to Peytons stint.

Im 3 beers in and now I am officially in the "If the Broncos dont have Aaron Rodgers or Justin Fields on the roster by 9pm EST we riot and everyone should be fired" territory

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, ClockWorkOrange said:

Haha... That is the AAA I remember... I am very upset with Shurmur as I think he set up Lock with what he expected the young QB to run early last year with no offseason.  I swear it looked like he was expecting Lock to run read, option route trees with those young WRs the first game of the season...  Vic I like but maybe I just like his defence.  His clock and timeout management was mind boggling... So you think they are gone the following year...?  I seriously was not considering that.  

The elephant in the room is the (expected) ownership change. Paton has a 6 year deal but both Elway and Ellis are gone are this year, both said so. Bowlen kids can’t agree, they’ll sell the team, take their $500 million apiece and walk. 

So, barring a playoff run, I cannot imagine Paton keeping the staff, this staff, around for another year. Why would you? 

The worst thing to happen to Drew was for Scangarello to be fired last year. Now, Scangarello had a lot of growing to do as an OC but his scheme was a MUCH better fit for Drew than Shurmur’s was/is. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

The elephant in the room is the (expected) ownership change. Paton has a 6 year deal but both Elway and Ellis are gone are this year, both said so. Bowlen kids can’t agree, they’ll sell the team, take their $500 million apiece and walk. 

So, barring a playoff run, I cannot imagine Paton keeping the staff, this staff, around for another year. Why would you? 

The worst thing to happen to Drew was for Scangarello to be fired last year. Now, Scangarello had a lot of growing to do as an OC but his scheme was a MUCH better fit for Drew than Shurmur’s was/is. 

Shurmer has been horrible compared to Scangs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AkronsWitness said:

Shurmer has been horrible compared to Scangs.

And the move - firing Scags and replacing him with Shurmur - more than any other move, showed just how completely the Elway/Ellis/Russel regime had checked out. They didn’t want Vic as HC but hired him, then tried to bring Kubes back, but he wanted his yes-men, they said no, so then they let Vic hire another “experienced hand” to take over the offense with no regard to the roster or the future of it. They were ALL checked out and Vic just said I’ll take my chances with someone (Shurmur) who’s been in the league forever rather than Scags. 

Just now, AnAngryAmerican said:

And the move - firing Scags and replacing him with Shurmur - more than any other move, showed just how completely the Elway/Ellis/Russel regime had checked out. They didn’t want Vic as HC but hired him, then tried to bring Kubes back, but he wanted his yes-men, they said no, so then they let Vic hire another “experienced hand” to take over the offense with no regard to the roster or the future of it. They were ALL checked out and Vic just said I’ll take my chances with someone (Shurmur) who’s been in the league forever rather than Scags. 

Yupp. And to think--they could have hired Kyle Shannahan but they let ego get in the way.

Now you have the crypt keeper as your HC and a bag of stale chips as your OC calling plays.

• Like 1

Just now, anewdawn said:

Niners and raiders and us are the three teams Rogers wants according to the Score.   Wouldn't that be something man........................ 

Something about living+retiring in Denver appeals to the 'older' generation of QBs from the 2010's. Doest Peyton still live there? Same with Stokley.

I also have no idea why the Raiders would be on that list. He and Gruden would be at each others throats and they have zero defense on that team.

I also have no idea why the Raiders would be on that list. He and Gruden would be at each others throats and they have zero defense on that team.

The Raiders are on that list because he really, really must want to leave Green Bay and he knows Gruden is quick on the trigger to make a big move like this. Even if he would kill Gruden, it seems to me he is willing to be put in the position to kill in order to jettison from cheeseland.