What to do at QB?

AnAngryAmerican

What is your preference for the QB spot?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. What is your preference for the QB spot?

• Keep Drew Lock as the starter for 2021
    • Draft a rookie in the 1st round and make him the starter
    • Trade for/sign an established vet (Stafford, Wentz, Ryan)
    • Trade for/sign a journeyman vet (Fitz, Tyrod) to compete with Lock

7 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

We have names with potential at skill positions. 

Bolles was horrible until last year, let’s hope his improvement sticks. Let’s hope Sutton’s injury doesn’t set him back. Let’s hope Jeudy can lick the drop problem and not smoke himself stupid and out of the league. Let’s hope Von and Chubb stay healthy. Let’s hope DreMont keeps progressing. Let’s hope our 1year rental secondary keeps it up. Let’s hope Risner’s rookie year and second half of last year are the norm, not the first half of last years. 

That’s a lot of ifs. We have NO depth. This is a bottom 3rd if not bottom 4th roster. At best. And a bottom-3 coaching staff. 

lol what?

Have to say while I'd love to see Rodgers make this team an instant contender, I think I'd still love to keep more assets and obtain Fields. Feels like he'd make  us a contender longer than the aging Rodhers. Just my opinion, I would love to watch the Fields/Mahomes battle for a long time. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BroncoBruin said:

This is a better roster than the one Peyton signed with in 2012. 

But how much of it will go to Green Bay ? I doubt it'll be draft capital which will decline in positional value if we acquire Rodgers

4 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

The Broncos went 7-9 last year despite having the worst starting QB in the NFL behind center. Their defense and playmakers on offense are very much elite

Our defense gave up 30+ points seven times last year. They're not elite. 

Our starting WR corp had the highest drop % in the NFL.

We ranked 15th in yards per carry on the ground, 24th in rushing TD's, 29th in total defensive takeaways, 9th in sacks and 23rd in kickoff return ave. The only category on offense, defense, or special teams that we are elite (top 5) in is ave punt return yards where we ranked 2nd. This team is elite on paper. Extremely average in reality. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

Have to say while I'd love to see Rodgers make this team an instant contender, I think I'd still love to keep more assets and obtain Fields. Feels like he'd make  us a contender longer than the aging Rodhers. Just my opinion, I would love to watch the Fields/Mahomes battle for a long time. 

Guy just won MVP and this franchise cant develop a QB.  Don't overthink this.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ClockWorkOrange said:

Wow... It is good to see all of the same people around these forums.  Very cool.  I thought I would stop by and say hello and see what you all think about tonight. It seemed to me that in the last presser, Paton said, "We really like Drew Lock but we want to add competition to the room, but it has to be the right guy."  When he said it, I was thinking that it seemed like he had someone in mind.  Not long later we pick up Teddy B for a low cost... To me it seems like he said what he wanted, went out and made that happen for the price he was willing to pay.  To me this means that our QB room is done.  Paton also said that he likes to have a lot of picks.  I think he said 10+ picks specifically....  To me this means that he is looking to move back.  What do you all think?  Am I paying attention to the right variables or am I missing something?  Is there any chance at a QB on the first day?   

Anyway, it is good to see all of you here:). 

Bro, can we grab a beer again sometime like we did a decade ago? I actually drink now so I wont have to order a soda while you and old man AKRNA crack the cold ones. 

• Like 4