Could Lawrence force a trade to the Jets?

19 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

Everyone got way too attached to Lawrence way too early. If you’ve been a Jets fan long enough like you have you knew they were going to blow it at some point  

You are so right,  what did I say two weeks ago "the Jets are going screw the #1 draft pick up I don't know how when or where but they will do it.

Now we are back to square one. This is Joe Douglas headache now, and we won't no anything for four months.

• 2 weeks later...

Could Meyer throw a wrench into all the speculation and draft Fields, just as Mayfield did a few years ago. Is there anything written in stone? It is being reported that Meyers is assembling his coaching staff right now. 

On 12/29/2020 at 9:09 AM, GangGreen420 said:

Everyone got way too attached to Lawrence way too early. If you’ve been a Jets fan long enough like you have you knew they were going to blow it at some point  

Unfortunately what you said is so true. When we drafted Joe Namath there was no big debate, and in those days the Cards, also drafted Namath with their #1 pick, there was no panic because we had Sonny Werblin,  as owner and he wasn't about to lose Namath. 

Edited by doumeyer
2 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

T Law will not force a trade. I do think that Meyer will like Fields better especially if he rips up Bama D. If Fields plays out of his mind tonight I give it a 50/50 chance T Law is with us. 

If Fields rips up the bama D, I would be comfortable with either him or Lawrence. It would be win-win for us. 

• Like 2

I am still not going to get my hopes up again. When I see Urban Meyer introduced as the Jags' head coach, and when I see Fields take down Saban's Tide, MAYBE I will start to consider this.

However, we as a franchise are not lucky. We are not the type of franchise that decides to win games late in the season, and then have the player we were wanting to tank for fall into our laps anyway. That is just not a Jets thing. It's Bizzarro World Jets, not the real one.

27 minutes ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

I am still not going to get my hopes up again. When I see Urban Meyer introduced as the Jags' head coach, and when I see Fields take down Saban's Tide, MAYBE I will start to consider this.

However, we as a franchise are not lucky. We are not the type of franchise that decides to win games late in the season, and then have the player we were wanting to tank for fall into our laps anyway. That is just not a Jets thing. It's Bizzarro World Jets, not the real one.

Luck has nothing to do with anything. This franchise is snake bit, because the Johnson's for years have been running the organization by committee. IT DOESN'T WORK!!!!

Idzik and McCagnan put the Jets behind the 8 ball for almost a decade with the worse drafts I've seen. How were they hired Charlie Casserly was giving the Johnson's advise and hired a firm to seek out a good GM and coach.

The best thing to happen to the Jets was Gase, WHY? He wanted Joe Douglas as his GM, and for the first time in 10 years they listened to Gase. 

Douglas came in and in one year possibly drafted a whole 2020 class to make the Jets roster, and not only that be impactful players. Only 2 did not suit up and I look to have that change next year.

I look for Douglas to continue drafting talented players this year, last year he took some risks and they paid off, drafted down. I can see him doing the same thing with the second pick if he believes in Darnold. If not, the Jets draft a qb at 2, not, I REPEAT NOT AN OL with the second pick in the draft.

The new head coach for the Jets will have much to say about the second pick and Sam Darnold, as long as the Johnsons will trust Douglas to do the best thing for the franchise be it Darnold or someone else.