Guess who's coming to the Superdome in 2022?

pf9

1 hour ago, pf9 said:

Joe Burrow.

His Cincinnati Bengals are slated for a road game against the Saints in 2022.

It will be a homecoming, as he led LSU to the CFP title last year, a game played at the Superdome.

Hopefully the world will be back to some sort of new norm and I can attend this game. As an LSU fan, Joey B is our Drew Brees. How bout it Raves, hes an Ohio St guy as well... Right? Lol

18 hours ago, whodatworm23 said:

Hopefully the world will be back to some sort of new norm and I can attend this game. As an LSU fan, Joey B is our Drew Brees. How bout it Raves, hes an Ohio St guy as well... Right? Lol

LSU might get to claim a title because of him, but he's 100% a product of Ohio State and the Saints.

1 hour ago, Raves said:

LSU might get to claim a title because of him, but he's 100% a product of Ohio State and the Saints.

I dont know there Raves... Lol

He was lookin a lil. Shakey that first year in... That LSU. Coaching staff was able to coach out them bad habits he picked up at OSU and we got him lookin right in 2019. LMAO

4 hours ago, whodatworm23 said:

I dont know there Raves... Lol

He was lookin a lil. Shakey that first year in... That LSU. Coaching staff was able to coach out them bad habits he picked up at OSU and we got him lookin right in 2019. LMAO

Well considering that it was a toss up on whether Haskins or Burrow would've gotten the starting spot at Ohio State, which had an actual offensive system that resembled a pro system, and he struggled with LSU that had an offensive system that made Jim Tressel look progressive until they brought in the Saints WR coach to be the OC and a Saints style offense, nope it's 100% an Ohio State and Saints product.

2 hours ago, Raves said:

Well considering that it was a toss up on whether Haskins or Burrow would've gotten the starting spot at Ohio State, which had an actual offensive system that resembled a pro system, and he struggled with LSU that had an offensive system that made Jim Tressel look progressive until they brought in the Saints WR coach to be the OC and a Saints style offense, nope it's 100% an Ohio State and Saints product.

LMAO... Raves, you know that OSU system aint no NFL system!

10 hours ago, whodatworm23 said:

LMAO... Raves, you know that OSU system aint no NFL system!

How so?  Regardless it's a whole lot closer to an NFL system than whatever it was LSU was trying to do on offense.  Seemed like the only thing that offense could do was fail.

6 hours ago, Raves said:

How so?  Regardless it's a whole lot closer to an NFL system than whatever it was LSU was trying to do on offense.  Seemed like the only thing that offense could do was fail.

LSUs offense before Joe Brady was an NFL offense, just a severely outdated one. Like 1980's type NFL system. Brady brought new NFL passing concepts and O forced his coaches to be more agressive in the passing game. I like OSUs offense, its a GREAT college offense but since Myer they have been more of a RPO, quick read dump off to gifted athletes. Basically the same as everyone else but the route running tree and progression of the QB in that system seems to be lacking compared to other NFL type systems. 

Mike Thomas actually spoke on this to John DeSheiser (local NOLA reporter) i think his 2nd year in the NFL on how they never ran a complete route tree at Ohio State and how they had different recievers to run different routes. Also how the QB had a 2 read then run order from the sidelines.

Again... Even NFL teams do this but its only with young QBs who come from these systems to simplify things as they muture and more iis added to the offense.

Still take nothing away from OSU offense... Gets the job done obviously but I do think it could be a reason we been seeing some OSU QBs struggle lately in the NFL. Hell Ill say it, I think Fields might be the most gifted athlete in the draft this year... But he might be the 5th best quarterback as well as far as development goes.

The NFL is clearly moving closer to the college game so most this is mute but at the end of the day ya still need to play from inside the pocket to succeed in the NFL and NFL defenses look to take your 1st read away so learning progressions is still paramount. 

2 hours ago, whodatworm23 said:

LSUs offense before Joe Brady was an NFL offense, just a severely outdated one. Like 1980's type NFL system. Brady brought new NFL passing concepts and O forced his coaches to be more agressive in the passing game. I like OSUs offense, its a GREAT college offense but since Myer they have been more of a RPO, quick read dump off to gifted athletes. Basically the same as everyone else but the route running tree and progression of the QB in that system seems to be lacking compared to other NFL type systems. 

Mike Thomas actually spoke on this to John DeSheiser (local NOLA reporter) i think his 2nd year in the NFL on how they never ran a complete route tree at Ohio State and how they had different recievers to run different routes. Also how the QB had a 2 read then run order from the sidelines.

Again... Even NFL teams do this but its only with young QBs who come from these systems to simplify things as they muture and more iis added to the offense.

Still take nothing away from OSU offense... Gets the job done obviously but I do think it could be a reason we been seeing some OSU QBs struggle lately in the NFL. Hell Ill say it, I think Fields might be the most gifted athlete in the draft this year... But he might be the 5th best quarterback as well as far as development goes.

The NFL is clearly moving closer to the college game so most this is mute but at the end of the day ya still need to play from inside the pocket to succeed in the NFL and NFL defenses look to take your 1st read away so learning progressions is still paramount. 

You realize that Ohio State changed it's offense in 2017 the year after Thomas came to the Saints right?  Since then the WRs run more routes and the QB is expected to go through more progressions.  Burrow and Haskins were fighting for the starting job when Ryan Day was in charge of the offense and the QB was expected to do more.

Also Haskins problems in the NFL seems to stem more from lack of personal motivation than from what he was taught at Ohio State.  Dude apparently didn't want to study, practice, or improve.

3 minutes ago, Raves said:

You realize that Ohio State changed it's offense in 2017 the year after Thomas came to the Saints right?  Since then the WRs run more routes and the QB is expected to go through more progressions.  Burrow and Haskins were fighting for the starting job when Ryan Day was in charge of the offense and the QB was expected to do more.

i get that but Day despite a few changes is still running pretty much what he did under Myer... I dont blame him, its working! Lol

I will give you that last season i felt the OSU recievers were expanding the route tree somewhat which is great. It shows Day isnt a product of Myer and can expand this offense moving forward. Still their bread and butter remains the same. Quick desgined reads out to superior athletes in space and watch them pile up the YAC.

1 minute ago, whodatworm23 said:

i get that but Day despite a few changes is still running pretty much what he did under Myer... I dont blame him, its working! Lol

I will give you that last season i felt the OSU recievers were expanding the route tree somewhat which is great. It shows Day isnt a product of Myer and can expand this offense moving forward. Still their bread and butter remains the same. Quick desgined reads out to superior athletes in space and watch them pile up the YAC.

I mean every NFL team runs that as well if teams aren't respecting their players.  This year Ohio State has gone more to it than the last 2 years, but I'm guessing htat's more because of Covid and all the changes that had to be made to try and get the team ready to play with the jacked up B1G rules and decisions.

1 hour ago, Raves said:

I mean every NFL team runs that as well if teams aren't respecting their players.  This year Ohio State has gone more to it than the last 2 years, but I'm guessing htat's more because of Covid and all the changes that had to be made to try and get the team ready to play with the jacked up B1G rules and decisions.

Agreed

On 12/30/2020 at 3:17 PM, Raves said:

Also Haskins problems in the NFL seems to stem more from lack of personal motivation than from what he was taught at Ohio State.  Dude apparently didn't want to study, practice, or improve.

Haskins problems stem from being a complete and utter moron. I have a buddy who does a lot of web based work for EA and Madden. He was putting together a special about rookie QBs coming into the league, so he was interviewing them, asking them to break down coverages and explain what they were seeing.

Anyway, the finished product is great, and makes Haskins seem semi intelligent, but man, he let me see all the film he had to piece thru in order to get Haskins 5min or so.....he dumb, like Dumb and Dumber dumb. He had trouble even formulating sentences, let alone being able to decipher the coverages. 

• Like 1