Week 17 GDT - Seattle Seahawks at San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

I can't remember the last time I watched an entire game start to finish this year. Maybe the game against the Patriots, because I was utterly disgusted the next week against Seattle. Felt like that was the nail in the coffin, and I rage-quit the season. Anyway, glad it's almost over. Better to take the L for the higher draft pick. Shouldn't be a problem though. Guessing the Seahawks play their starters since the Packers/Bears game and Saints/Panthers game will be happening at the same time. They still have a chance at the number one seed. Russell Wilson taking a doo doo on the franchise for the millionth time wasn't how I wanted 2021 to kick off. 

21 hours ago, AustrianNiner said:

Shanny also wants to have all 3 QBs up for the game

This makes me think that if trent williams was playing that jimmy would start. We know our OL is hot garbage without williams so we dont want jimmy to get hit a bunch. 

If we are going to play kittle because kittle is healthy, but then simulaniously sit garoppolo because its less than ideal, im going to be  pissed about it. 

This is the problem I have with this regime sometimes, how tf can you justify playing a "healthy" kittle but not start a "healthy" jimmy. If hes healthy enough to be active, then hes healthy enough to start. Leave the guy on IR or have him play 100% of the snaps. There is no in between. 

"We like jimmy. He's our QB in 2021, but when he's healthy for week 17 of the 2020 season we are not going to play him" 

Wtf is that bull****??

If we are just trying to lose, then sit Warner and kittle. I wanted to sit Trent Williams last week. There was no reason to play him or Warner. Dudes deserve to get paid and we can tell them "we care about your health so much that we are going to protect you from injury, then pay you what you deserve" like, that's a great sell - "we are player friendly". Instead we played him, now he has some kind of injury, so I'm hoping we are just sitting him and doing exactly what I wanted to do with him last week lol 

Sooo sitting some of our cornerstone players, while not sitting Warner and kittle is just baffling and infuriating

My biggest gripes with Jimmy this year have come from his footwork and pocket presence. These are two things he can work on, even if he's running his life with skule at LT. 

I want to tell him "we are gonna cut you if you don't play with good mechanics and fundamentals." Then if he plays bad you can tell him he needs to take a pay cut. Show him some of his garbage film this year and tell him he's not worth 25m and will never make it in the NFL without a genius play caller/run game/defense and that he should stay for 10m or whatever. Weve already paid him tons of money upfront with the expectation it would save us money later. So let's cash that in 

If he can't handle that pressure, then it's time to move on. If he isn't willing to renegotiate without doing a straight up restructure, then we should just rip the band-aid off and be done with it. Better to suck for a year with a rookie than overpay a vet. The cap rolls over, we need to stop overpaying for subpar production. There is dead weight on this roster that needs to be cleansed. Kyle has 6 more years on his contract, let's do this the right way 

Jimmy has some upside but I'm not going to wait around for him to improve. He also hasn't shown he can stay healthy, so it may just be time to move on for that reason alone. 

I'm not keen on paying anyone 20+ million dollars to be on the IR. At some point he will have to stay healthy or we will have to move on, and thats also assuming he improves in the areas that I want him to... which means it's even less likely for BOTH of these things to happen 

8 hours ago, N4L said:

This makes me think that if trent williams was playing that jimmy would start. We know our OL is hot garbage without williams so we dont want jimmy to get hit a bunch. 

If we are going to play kittle because kittle is healthy, but then simulaniously sit garoppolo because its less than ideal, im going to be pissed about it. 

This is the problem I have with this regime sometimes, how tf can you justify playing a "healthy" kittle but not start a "healthy" jimmy. If hes healthy enough to be active, then hes healthy enough to start. Leave the guy on IR or have him play 100% of the snaps. There is no in between. 

"We like jimmy. He's our QB in 2021, but when he's healthy for week 17 of the 2020 season we are not going to play him" 

Wtf is that bull****??

If we are just trying to lose, then sit Warner and kittle. I wanted to sit Trent Williams last week. There was no reason to play him or Warner. Dudes deserve to get paid and we can tell them "we care about your health so much that we are going to protect you from injury, then pay you what you deserve" like, that's a great sell - "we are player friendly". Instead we played him, now he has some kind of injury, so I'm hoping we are just sitting him and doing exactly what I wanted to do with him last week lol 

Sooo sitting some of our cornerstone players, while not sitting Warner and kittle is just baffling and infuriating

My biggest gripes with Jimmy this year have come from his footwork and pocket presence. These are two things he can work on, even if he's running his life with skule at LT. 

I want to tell him "we are gonna cut you if you don't play with good mechanics and fundamentals." Then if he plays bad you can tell him he needs to take a pay cut. Show him some of his garbage film this year and tell him he's not worth 25m and will never make it in the NFL without a genius play caller/run game/defense and that he should stay for 10m or whatever. Weve already paid him tons of money upfront with the expectation it would save us money later. So let's cash that in 

If he can't handle that pressure, then it's time to move on. If he isn't willing to renegotiate without doing a straight up restructure, then we should just rip the band-aid off and be done with it. Better to suck for a year with a rookie than overpay a vet. The cap rolls over, we need to stop overpaying for subpar production. There is dead weight on this roster that needs to be cleansed. Kyle has 6 more years on his contract, let's do this the right way 

Jimmy has some upside but I'm not going to wait around for him to improve. He also hasn't shown he can stay healthy, so it may just be time to move on for that reason alone. 

I'm not keen on paying anyone 20+ million dollars to be on the IR. At some point he will have to stay healthy or we will have to move on, and thats also assuming he improves in the areas that I want him to... which means it's even less likely for BOTH of these things to happen 

The three QB thing was about Josh Johnson and if they can call him up from the PS in terms of numbers. Probably says more about how they feel about Rosen then anything else.

We aren't sitting guys that are healthy thats just not the way Kyle works and i totally agree with him on that standpoint. Also Kittle even when healthy didn't play all snaps. 

Jimmy's main problem has always been his incosistent footwork. Even that great stretch back in 2017 his footwork was all over the place. One of his best showing was when he got hurt against the Jets and had to focus on his feet.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, N4L said:

If we are going to play kittle because kittle is healthy, but then simulaniously sit garoppolo because its less than ideal, im going to be pissed about it. 

Wtf is that bull****??

No, Jimmy wasn't playing even if Trent didn't get hurt. I don't know why people are comparing Kittle's injury to his. One had a bone fracture that is healed. There’s little to no risk of him re-fracturing it. Jimmy has had two high ankle sprains in a six week span and the latest was a very bad one that his team contemplated having surgery. He has a much higher chance of getting hurt again than Kittle does. You could risk it if it means the team battling for a playoff spot but doing so now makes no sense at all. There is nothing he can show in a meaningless week 17 game that will sway the opinion of Shanny and Lynch. If they want to get rid of him or try to upgrade, then that's exactly what they will do. 

• Like 3