Week 17 GDT - Seattle Seahawks at San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

Just now, AustrianNiner said:

Hopefully Ryans can be similarly good from watching him

That is if he gets the opportunity to be our DC. He's been my guy from the beginning but I think Shanny goes with a veteran. Don't agree with it but that's what I'm thinking. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Give Robert Saleh his flowers man, what a coach.

Best we have probably defended Wilson and this offense in years lol. 

Have to say Wilson has looked off at times overthrowing guys(can be the pressure we are getting on him). 

But yeah Saleh is for real and i think the biggest thing is how this scheme has transformed over the years. Especially hiring Kocurek and Woods last year really changed things and shows he is open for input from his staff. Last year we could point to the pure talent as a big reason our defense was lighting it up and while we still have some great players we lost a lot of important pieces and still are playing really good defense.

1 minute ago, Justone2 said:

Have to say Wilson has looked off at times overthrowing guys(can be the pressure we are getting on him). 

But yeah Saleh is for real and i think the biggest thing is how this scheme has transformed over the years. Especially hiring Kocurek and Woods last year really changed things and shows he is open for input from his staff. Last year we could point to the pure talent as a big reason our defense was lighting it up and while we still have some great players we lost a lot of important pieces and still are playing really good defense.

The pressure has been good for the most part but it's not like Wilson is missing wide open receivers. Pretty sticky coverage all around with a good amount of pressure. Impressed with our run defense the last few weeks with so many DL injuries. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

The pressure has been good for the most part but it's not like Wilson is missing wide open receivers. Pretty sticky coverage all around with a good amount of pressure. Impressed with our run defense the last few weeks with so many DL injuries. 

I think he missed some throws he usually makes. Not that we had bad coverage or wheren't in position to make the tackle straight away just not the usual Wilson against us. 

1 minute ago, Justone2 said:

I think he missed some throws he usually makes. Not that we had bad coverage or wheren't in position to make the tackle straight away just not the usual Wilson against us. 

Wilson certainly hasn't been perfect and he's misplaced a ball or two but I haven't really noticed him missing easy reads or being wildly inaccurate. Just a very sound game thus far by the defense. Our corners have been playing at a high level the last few weeks and we have the safety duo that is good at preventing the big plays. 

Saleh is leaving the corners on an island though. Only takes one big play from Lockett/Moore/DK to change the outcome of the game. 

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Just realized we are 1-6 at "home" this season and likely going to finish 1-7 LOL. Of course we haven't played a good amount of games at home and HFA isn't the same this season but still a pretty wild stat.

1-7 at home

5-3 on the road 

We've been worse at home for two years straight, tbh. When we look out of sorts for no reason, we are usually at home

15 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

That is if he gets the opportunity to be our DC. He's been my guy from the beginning but I think Shanny goes with a veteran. Don't agree with it but that's what I'm thinking. 

Yeah same. Well maybe at least he can be kept if someelse gets the DC job.

Well at least Jimmy and Sherm are having fun lol.