Week 17 GDT - Seattle Seahawks at San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

10 minutes ago, sherm said:

I don't see us moving up for a QB unless move on from Jimmy. Since I don't see it...for now I'd say we look at which QB will fall to us or day 2 guys. 

Just wasting a pick with that noise. Just pick a dude in the sixth, sign Matt schaub and pray that Jimmy weak body can hold up. Playing to win now

If we don't go QB this year im be pissed I really don't want to go into next year with Jimmy G at QB. It's going to be the same crap on offense being extremely limited by  guy who can't throw passed 15 yards it's 2020 you can't win with that. Kyle and John can't waste this talented roster with someone like Jimmy G if they care about winning go make the necessary moves to get into the top 8 and grab Lance/Fields. 

21 minutes ago, Forge said:

Just wasting a pick with that noise. Just pick a dude in the sixth, sign Matt schaub and pray that Jimmy weak body can hold up. Playing to win now

Meh, depends on the QB. QBs fall every draft, for a variety of reasons. If a guy like Jones falls to our pick in the 2nd or 3rd, I'd definitely bite. And I'm not even a Jones fan...like at all. Lance scares the **** out of me...like he really does. But there is intrigue for me. #12 would be too rich for me but I'd be ok if he fell to the second.

But at worst, drafting a QB on Day 2 brings competition to back-up QB, which is something this regime has neglected for far too long. Simply trusting Shanny's judgment has gotten us nowhere in that regard so I think it is now time to dump a few resources into that equation. Guys like Schaub put us right back where we were this year unfortunately.

Now I say this with the caveat that we don't pluck a young vet in free agency and that Jimmy & Rosen are the only viable QBs on the roster come draft time.

I really would like to see us go CB in the first and let the chips fall where they may the rest of draft...

Edited by 757-NINER

13 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Meh, depends on the QB. QBs fall every draft, for a variety of reasons. If a guy like Jones falls to our pick in the 2nd or 3rd, I'd definitely bite. And I'm not even a Jones fan...like at all. Lance scares the **** out of me...like he really does. But there is intrigue for me. #12 would be too rich for me but I'd be ok if he fell to the second.

But at worst, drafting a QB on Day 2 brings competition to back-up QB, which is something this regime has neglected for far too long. Simply trusting Shanny's judgment has gotten us nowhere in that regard so I think it is now time to dump a few resources into that equation. Guys like Schaub put us right back where we were this year unfortunately.

Now I say this with the caveat that we don't pluck a young vet in free agency and that Jimmy & Rosen are the only viable QBs on the roster come draft time.

I really would like to see us go CB in the first and let the chips fall where they may the rest of draft...

With where we are picking, day two us an immediate contributor and the non day one picks for the last half decade at quarterback have been a disaster outside of dak. 

This is exactly what I want to avoid .. Go all in, or go all out. Commit to trying to win with Jimmy and putting the best you can around him for this year, or just move on. Second round qb is a half measure type move. I hate it. I suppose we will get that pick at the end of the third, so I wouldn't hate hate it there I suppose, especially with a pick right after in the 4th.

I expect us to sign schaub, or maybe Mike glennon or something

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

With where we are picking, day two us an immediate contributor and the non day one picks for the last half decade at quarterback have been a disaster outside of dak. 

This is exactly what I want to avoid .. Go all in, or go all out. Commit to trying to win with Jimmy and putting the best you can around him for this year, or just move on. Second round qb is a half measure type move. I hate it. I suppose we will get that pick at the end of the third, so I wouldn't hate hate it there I suppose, especially with a pick right after in the 4th.

I expect us to sign schaub, or maybe Mike glennon or something

You forgot Wilson but point taken. Hell, if we could draft a Derek Carr in the second or a Cousins in the fourth I'd gladly take it. That's all this offense needs in all honesty. 

Edited by 757-NINER