Week 17 GDT - Seattle Seahawks at San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I really feel like he'll end up going with Saleh for sure. 

Seattle will also give him a chance to start. Between those two teams is my guess. 

I hope we throw him an offer even if he's likely to decline it. Our corner play between Spoon and Verrett was pretty damn elite the last few weeks. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Seattle will also give him a chance to start. Between those two teams is my guess. 

I hope we throw him an offer even if he's likely to decline it. Our corner play between Spoon and Verrett was pretty damn elite the last few weeks. 

I keep assuming that Saleh ends up in Detroit. I even spend time in their forum talking about him to them LOL. If he goes to Detroit, I think it makes sense to take Spoon...they could use secondary help. Probably Tartt too, to be honest. Maybe Tartt even more so now that I think about it...Tartt is just such as king of communication, it feels like. 

Side note...I didn't think about it before, but don't you get the feeling that Saleh could easily take Ryans as his DC? 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I keep assuming that Saleh ends up in Detroit. I even spend time in their forum talking about him to them LOL. If he goes to Detroit, I think it makes sense to take Spoon...they could use secondary help. Probably Tartt too, to be honest. Maybe Tartt even more so now that I think about it...Tartt is just such as king of communication, it feels like. 

Side note...I didn't think about it before, but don't you get the feeling that Saleh could easily take Ryans as his DC? 

Honestly if Ryans can get a shot at DC with us i think he might stay. If we bring in someone from the outside who know what will happen with a lot of the guys we currently have.

I think our Safety coach Daniel Bullocks and assistent D-Line coach Aaron Whitecotton are pretty likely to join Saleh since they came with him from the Jaguars. Outside of those who knows who Saleh will take with him. We all assume one of the Mike's will be his OC and while i think there is a good chance he might prefer to go with more of a veteran playcaller who had HC experience.

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

He definitely could, but with one of Shannys guys as OC he might want to have a more experienced DC. Hard to tell though whether Ryans would prefer SF(and Shanny) or Saleh.

2 minutes ago, AustrianNiner said:

He definitely could, but with one of Shannys guys as OC he might want to have a more experienced DC. Hard to tell though whether Ryans would prefer SF(and Shanny) or Saleh.

That's the thing...because I don't know if he plans on still running the defense. If he does...I think that this actually makes a fair degree of sense as a small step up for Ryans. He gets the title, but Saleh is probably still running most of that. Ryans gets to hone his skill under that type of defense, maybe gets in a little on playcalling, etc. 

I don't think that we are going to be at a loss for guys to hire. Quinn, Bradley, Morris, maybe even Ulbrich. Ryans may take the job just because we may make it clear he's not getting the job here too. 

54 minutes ago, Forge said:

I really feel like he'll end up going with Saleh for sure. 

Depends on who the new DC is. If it's Morris, it might be in his best interest to stay. Morris has a rep for developing CBs and that might make sense for Spoon in the long run. And who knows how he feels towards Saleh basically exiling him to the end of depth chart. We were playing Dontae Johnson over a healthy Spoon at one point. Alot to decipher there...

Just now, 757-NINER said:

Depends on who the new DC is. If it's Morris, it might be in his best interest to stay. Morris has a rep for developing CBs and that might make sense for Spoon in the long run. And who knows how he feels towards Saleh basically exiling him to the end of depth chart. We were playing Dontae Johnson over a healthy Spoon at one point. Alot to decipher there...

If his beef is with Shanny as has been indicated, I Don't know why you stay and risk ending up on the bench again. 

2 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

So it was Shanny who demoted him??

Yes, apparently. He was in Shanny's doghouse were hte reports. I started looking into it when J mentioned it because I Thought we could resign spoon for cheap a couple of weeks ago 

I mean with Spoon it probably just comes down to him not forgiving the team for benching him for fringe roster players in Webster and Johnson. But who knows, they can at least give him an offer and then he can decide if he wants to return or not.

I'm interested in seeing the type of deal Williams will get. I can't imagine he gets more than 5M APY? 

For all the talk of Saleh taking Sherman or Spoon with him, the one lock I would say is Tartt. Saleh loves that man and he is a very sound player that makes few mistakes. He's definitely going where ever Saleh ends up at. 

I don't want Spoon back...he'll be lockdown for 4 games, give up one TD in the 5th game and then it never stops. Feels like its been like that every season he's been here 

If we're not selecting a QB, i wouldn't mind taking a CB with our first pick, Farley or Surtain type....lets get some premium talent there 

Edited by 49ersfan

34 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I'm interested in seeing the type of deal Williams will get. I can't imagine he gets more than 5M APY? 

Kenny Moore got 8+ as a slot exclusive corner, so I guess it depends on how people view him across the league. 

29 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

I don't want Spoon back...he'll be lockdown for 4 games, give up one TD in the 5th game and then it never stops. Feels like its been like that every season he's been here 

If we're not selecting a QB, i wouldn't mind taking a CB with our first pick, Farley or Surtain type....lets get some premium talent there 

Horn! I haven't watched much of Surtain but he seems pretty smooth. Farley and Horn are two DOGS though. We can get any corner we want in all likelihood. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Horn! I haven't watched much of Surtain but he seems pretty smooth. Farley and Horn are two DOGS though. We can get any corner we want in all likelihood. 

Not that we would ever draft for one guy, but those are two that I have the best feeling could somewhat hang with DK. Farley more so than Horn because I think he could keep up, but I don't think that DK could outphysical Horn, which is big.