Weak 17: Finally an End to this Crap Storm

EaglesPeteC

2 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

Probably at the combine. He's not an NFL QB. 

i really thought he should have stayed at texas for the free year of eligibility. Like enjoy the extra year there you obviously aren't an nfl prospect. I wonder if he has people giving him wrong advice. 

Just now, ninjapirate said:

i really thought he should have stayed at texas for the free year of eligibility. Like enjoy the extra year there you obviously aren't an nfl prospect. I wonder if he has people giving him wrong advice. 

I agree. He's not an NFL QB - someone will take a shot on him late as, like you said, Logan Thomas type project. 

9 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

I'm not writing him off. There's definitely some positives from him. Love his posie and smooth throwing motion but as for the last sentence or two? I'd agree in a heartbeat under normal circumstances. His situation doesn't sound too practical for our team on its current state. 

More importantly, is Hurts worth investing a few years into to determine if he’s the answer? Is this the guy we want to hitch our wagon to? He’s shown flashes but overall looks like any other run first QB but w/ an unspectacular arm. He’s a backup plan. I’d give him 2021 by default of no other real options, but I’m fully expecting we draft our real QB project in 2022.

Just now, Scalamania said:

Let me show you some gifs from him in college and then you'll see how good he is. 

Honestly, I liked him as a prospect. But, he looks nothing like he did in college. He was very explosive and quick in college. He has not shown that whatsoever in the NFL. He looks like an average athlete and nothing more this season.

5 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

i think farley goes before 9 

Possible, 

1. Jacksonville Jaguars
  2. New York Jets
  3. Miami Dolphins  (Texans)
  4. Atlanta Falcons
  5. Cincinnati Bengals
  6. Detroit Lions
  7. Carolina Panthers
  8. Denver Broncos
  9. Philadelphia Eagles

Both Panthers and Broncos could use a corner, Panthers seem like a top spot for Parsons to go.
I think the key would be do either trade up for a QB or take the 4th one?
I think there is a chance the way the board falls the corners could slide. 5 the teams in front of us won't probably pick one and the Bengals would probably take Sewell or Chase over one.
They could go 7, 8 right in front of us.

1. Jacksonville Jaguars - Lawrence
  2. New York Jets - Wilson/Fields
  3. Miami Dolphins  (Texans) - Chase/Sewell/trade back
  4. Atlanta Falcons - Wilson/Fields/Parsons
  5. Cincinnati Bengals - Sewell/Chase/Surtain/Parsons/Edge
  6. Detroit Lions - Chase/Smith/Edge/maybe QB
  7. Carolina Panthers - QB/Parsons/ Surtain/Farley
  8. Denver Broncos - QB/ Surtain / Farley
  9. Philadelphia Eagles - Surtain / Smith / Farley / Parsons / Edge

If that was the case we'd be looking at Parsons, potentially Smith, perhaps the edges (Howie move) and the option to move back with the Patriots, Niners who would need a QB.

1 minute ago, EAGLES3658 said:

Honestly, I liked him as a prospect. But, he looks nothing like he did in college. He was very explosive and quick in college. He has not shown that whatsoever in the NFL. He looks like an average athlete and nothing more this season.

I don't understand what people saw in college... Seeing what I see now, is exactly what I saw in him when it comes to projecting at this level. He's just really underwhelming in all aspects & it sucks we have nobody at WR even after all the capital we've spent at WR. 

2 minutes ago, EAGLES3658 said:

When you can't consistently dominate Big 12 defenses that should be a huge red flag about your actual ability. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

if that was the case we'd be looking at Parsons, potentially Smith, perhaps the edges (Howie move) and the option to move back with the Patriots, Niners who would need a QB

Imagine going through this brutal season to end up with Kwitty Paye because that's 100% the edge Howie would take. 

• Like 1