Weak 17: Finally an End to this Crap Storm

EaglesPeteC

Just now, BLick12 said:

Well, the kid Bechton he just drafted this past year has played like an elite LT in his rookie season. It’s hard to say with his time here who he influenced the Eagles to ultimately take. 

Joe Douglas was specifically brought in to scout players. I doubt Howie literally never considered anything Joe Douglas said. The point is, Doug can't develop players. At all. It's more a problem of the players not being coached right and not being utilized properly, than not having the right players.

1 minute ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Wish they could maybe demote him and make him just a number guy like he is. Outside of Wentz and what Alshons deals he's been pretty great. He did keep pushing money back and back though so I guess that goes against him too. I understand why he did that though when we thought we had a window to attack

We have a numbers guy Howie doesnt really bring anything to the table.

Just now, Danger said:

Joe Douglas was specifically brought in to scout players. I doubt Howie literally never considered anything Joe Douglas said. The point is, Doug can't develop players. At all. It's more a problem of the players not being coached right and not being utilized properly, than not having the right players.

We've heard stories about early picks that we made and everyone in the room wasn't on board with them and well maybe they should be

Just now, ninjapirate said:

We've heard stories about early picks that we made and everyone in the room wasn't on board with them and well maybe they should be

Even if that were the case, what's the chances that literally every player drafted in a 5 year time period would be absolutely cheeks? If Doug was a competent coach, at least a few of them would have panned out. And again, if you think Doug wasn't involved in who was picked and didn't contribute in a big way to how the draft board was set up, you're a fool.

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

I don’t disagree with you, but I think we’ve drafted a lot of duds too i.e. pumphrry, whiteside, etc. 

Just now, Danger said:

Even if that were the case, what's the chances that literally every player drafted in a 5 year time period would be absolutely cheeks? If Doug was a competent coach, at least a few of them would have panned out. And again, if you think Doug wasn't involved in who was picked and didn't contribute in a big way to how the draft board was set up, you're a fool.

I think doug should be fired.