Weak 17: Finally an End to this Crap Storm

EaglesPeteC

6 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

need the players, we can shed dead weight elsewhere. 

It isnt a huge deal, but I'd rather 6 than 9.
Small chance too we could get a package from someone to move up for a QB at 6.

Your cap situation is bad, like really really bad.  You’re going to have to make some serious cuts, and now you can’t restructure Wentz.  And this isn’t a roster that’s ok and can take some cuts, you guys need to be adding talent.  

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

Your cap situation is bad, like really really bad.  You’re going to have to make some serious cuts, and now you can’t restructure Wentz.  And this isn’t a roster that’s ok and can take some cuts, you guys need to be adding talent.  

We can get out the Wentz deal minus next year's cap hit by trading him by I think it was the third day of the new league year. We can avoid the back 4 years I believe it was. Won't exactly help next season but there is an out

14 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Wentz seems like he's to the point he will restructure to leave.
A lot of vets are super old

We are at a 3 steps back to actually move forward junction. The Eagles will need to be an incomplete bad team in 2021 if they want to really try to build a team who can win games in 2022-2030.

We need stud culture type guys to build around or an abundance of picks to build out the team. 6 gets us that way more than 9.

1 minute ago, Kiltman said:

Wentz seems like he's to the point he will restructure to leave.
A lot of vets are super old

We are at a 3 steps back to actually move forward junction. The Eagles will need to be an incomplete bad team in 2021 if they want to really try to build a team who can win games in 2022-2030.

We need stud culture type guys to build around or an abundance of picks to build out the team. 6 gets us that way more than 9.

Ya that’s my point, you guys are going to have to punt the 2021 season to reset your cap.

9 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Ya that’s my point, you guys are going to have to punt the 2021 season to reset your cap.

then yessss?

Only chance is NFL realizes like a ton of teams can't make the lower cap and goes uncapped for 2021 with a preset 2022 cap.

Our only shot is us just being schematically really good and Hurts balling out. which i'll put at a .25% chance

40 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Kelce wasn't alone, Ertz and Vinny also doing this. Ertz is likely done and it seems like Kelce might very well be leaning towards retirement as it stands rn.
Though could just be reading too far into it.

They’re all done I’d say. Kelce seriously considered retirements coming into this season, so really hard to imagine him coming back to this dumpster fire. 

1 hour ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

They’re all done I’d say. Kelce seriously considered retirements coming into this season, so really hard to imagine him coming back to this dumpster fire. 

Are we basing him wanting to retire on anything but reports from a year ago? 

Not doubting he is, feel like this has been lingering a few years now, but is there anything recent to base it off?

25 minutes ago, T-rade said:

Are we basing him wanting to retire on anything but reports from a year ago? 

Not doubting he is, feel like this has been lingering a few years now, but is there anything recent to base it off?

Well this much we know about Kelce: He takes each season one at a time, and steps away from the game following the year to contemplate his future. That process tells us he has considered, and will continue to consider, retirement, and based on the rough year we had and bleak future, I am thinking he hangs them up unless he felt rejuvenated physically this year. Main issue for him I believe is that his body has just taken a beating in his career, so every season is a trade-off for his physical health. The money will still be there but will the enjoyment for football be there? 

It's just an educated guess, I'd love him back, but writing is on the wall in my eyes.

1 minute ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Well this much we know about Kelce: He takes each season one at a time, and steps away from the game following the year to contemplate his future. That process tells us he has considered, and will continue to consider, retirement, and based on the rough year we had and bleak future, I am thinking he hangs them up unless he felt rejuvenated physically this year. Main issue for him I believe is that his body has just taken a beating in his career, so every season is a trade-off for his physical health. The money will still be there but will the enjoyment for football be there? 

It's just an educated guess, I'd love him back, but writing is on the wall in my eyes.

Right, it has been speculated a while, that's for sure.

Here's hoping he comes back to help Zach Wilson