Weak 17: Finally an End to this Crap Storm

EaglesPeteC

For those of you pissed, I get it. I would be too. I'm an advocate for tanking when needed (see last year), but that was ... weird. The guys in there wanted to win. Hurts was playing ... fine. There was a chance you all could play spoiler to our playoffs. Even the 4th down was okay to me. But... Nate Sudfeld? Really? Come on Doug. 

2 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

but-why.gif 

If Carson is indeed out the door, there could be an argument for evaluation...especially with no preseason games. 
Also Suds you could argue has a longer range, more of a pure passer. There are also a slew of very big athletic Dlinemen across the way, no need to risk Jalen if he'll be the guy in the last quarter of the game.

best i got ha

1 minute ago, Kiltman said:

If Carson is indeed out the door, there could be an argument for evaluation...especially with no preseason games. 
Also Suds you could argue has a longer range, more of a pure passer. There are also a slew of very big athletic Dlinemen across the way, no need to risk Jalen if he'll be the guy in the last quarter of the game.

best i got ha

If this wasn't his fourth season with you all...

16 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

If this wasn't his fourth season with you all...

Yep, he played in a game where we benched our starters the super bowl year, was 3rd string in 2018 and didn't play and broke his wrist like right away in the preseason in 2019.
with the preseason cancelled he got zero reps this year too, until last night.

I think there is a very slight argument there....whether it's doing a guy a solid who's rode the pine for years (something Doug himself can relate to) or legitimately evaluating where he's at for next year. It's enough logic to swat away the moronic "they should be PUNISHED" takes.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Yep, he played in a game where we benched our starters the super bowl year, was 3rd string in 2018 and didn't play and broke his wrist like right away in the preseason in 2019.
with the preseason cancelled he got zero reps this year too, until last night.

I think there is a very slight argument there....whether it's doing a guy a solid who's rode the pine for years (something Doug himself can relate to) or legitimately evaluating where he's at for next year. It's enough logic to swat away the moronic "they should be PUNISHED" takes.

That should be swatted regardless. 

Doug eluded to it in his post game. “Nates been with us for 4 years.” Kinda like the chubby kid in little league that gets to play in the last game. Wasn’t good enough to play everyday but he’s been practicing and training so he deserves some PT. Convenient excuse really. When you inactive Carson you knew what the plan was. I bet it was a FO decision. Like, cmon...if that was for the division, are all those guys not playing or getting subbed out late? Of course not. So it wasn’t about winning. Then what was it about? You can use the evaluate BS or practice squad guys getting a little taste of the league in a no-matter situation but it had implications outside of that. We got the better draft pick and the WFT benefited from that. I would have loved to been a fly on the wall in that Lurie and Doug conversation. I’m sure Doug was all in on winning if he didn’t get the nod to come back next year. Lurie must have assured him and then subsequently said to “not win” the last game. *wink*

We wanted to lose, Washington wanted to win. This was the proper outcome. The only truly surprising thing about this game was that WFT was so completely incompetent that they were struggling to beat a team whose front office and coaches wanted to lose.

Also, the Giants tears are my pleasure.

39 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

The only truly surprising thing about this game was that WFT was so completely incompetent that they were struggling to beat a team whose front office and coaches wanted to lose

That was surprising?  Where you been the last 20 years?  

40 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

We wanted to lose, Washington wanted to win. This was the proper outcome. The only truly surprising thing about this game was that WFT was so completely incompetent that they were struggling to beat a team whose front office and coaches wanted to lose.

Also, the Giants tears are my pleasure.

They replenish my electrolytes