First Official Mock Upon the Jags Clinching Lawrence. Crazy Week 17 explains the order

brushmyhair

22 minutes ago, brushmyhair said:

And you don't think Belichick could get the best out of Minshew? Because I think that match is perfect. 

No. I'm not sure we have the same thought on the goal for the Pats. Minshew a upgrade sure,  but can he make it to the playoffs, if so how far.  I just don't see it, they have to draft a QB its a must.

Lets say they draft Lance, I can see them getting someone to play QB however I don't see them moving the team forward. Minshew keeps you on the Hamster wheel, stuck in the middle of the draft.

PS Lance is a example. IMO he a bust. He's the 2021 draft so call expert next Super Star! The next Jordan Love, Danial Jones or Haskins.

Edited by m haynes

Not sure how the Lions wind up at #10 given that they're currently at #7 and there's almost no way they beat the Vikings this week. 

If we did wind up at #10, I would imagine that Pittsburgh is going to trade up with the Giants to get ahead of the Lions and Vikings. Both teams can use a change at QB in some capacity. If the Lions aren't going to take a QB there, I don't see why they wouldn't be the trade back partner with the Steelers. 

We're likely going to be in the middle of a defensive scheme change on top of a complete overhaul of talent at nearly every level. If they're sitting there at #7, Rousseau would be a nice addition to a d-line. WR is a need but we've seen guys show up and be productive who are drafted in rounds/spots other than top 10.

2 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

I would imagine that Pittsburgh is going to trade up with the Giants to get ahead of the Lions and Vikings.

I don't see Pitt moving up that far. To many assets needed to move up. Pitts is a team that historically  builds through the draft. Also if that picks available the Pats would be a better choice.They would have a better package for the Giants. Also they have a connection with Judge and if everything is equal Pat will end up with the pick.

1 minute ago, m haynes said:

I don't see Pitt moving up that far. To many assets needed to move up. Pitts is a team that historically  builds through the draft. Also if that picks available the Pats would be a better choice.They would have a better package for the Giants. Also they have a connection with Judge and if everything is equal Pat will end up with the pick.

You could be right for sure although they made a big trade up with the Broncos to grab Devin Bush. Ultimately, my point is that IF the Steelers were going to trade up to grab a QB it would be to get ahead of the Lions (who could take a QBOTF in that spot) and the Vikings (who could be moving on from Cousins). Daniel Jones has shown some flashes and could be even better with some weapons around him (and Barkley back from injury). Big Ben isn't going to be sticking around for much longer and they will need their next guy soon enough as well. 

1 hour ago, Karnage84 said:

You could be right for sure although they made a big trade up with the Broncos to grab Devin Bush. Ultimately, my point is that IF the Steelers were going to trade up to grab a QB it would be to get ahead of the Lions (who could take a QBOTF in that spot) and the Vikings (who could be moving on from Cousins). Daniel Jones has shown some flashes and could be even better with some weapons around him (and Barkley back from injury). Big Ben isn't going to be sticking around for much longer and they will need their next guy soon enough as well. 

I don't see the Lions passing on Devonta, that's the honest to God truth. QB is something they'll address next year or in rd 2. 

4 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

Not sure how the Lions wind up at #10 given that they're currently at #7 and there's almost no way they beat the Vikings this week. 

If we did wind up at #10, I would imagine that Pittsburgh is going to trade up with the Giants to get ahead of the Lions and Vikings. Both teams can use a change at QB in some capacity. If the Lions aren't going to take a QB there, I don't see why they wouldn't be the trade back partner with the Steelers. 

We're likely going to be in the middle of a defensive scheme change on top of a complete overhaul of talent at nearly every level. If they're sitting there at #7, Rousseau would be a nice addition to a d-line. WR is a need but we've seen guys show up and be productive who are drafted in rounds/spots other than top 10.

Like I said, Week 17 insanity. 

6 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

Your right,  Pitt should be looking for a QB ,but to get up to 10 from 28 would cost a additional 1st Rd pick. Reason, other teams such as the Pats in need of a QB will cause a bidding war.  IMO Trask would be a more realistic target. He reminds me of Ben. The game against Bama really showed his skills and he can play at the next level.  My dream as a Pats fan is to get Wilson however Trask would be more realistic and that would be just fine with me. Happy camper either way.

Unfortunately BB will probably pass on both Wilson and Trask and take a OL guy from Podonk U ! 😁

Edited by m haynes