First Official Mock Upon the Jags Clinching Lawrence. Crazy Week 17 explains the order

brushmyhair

13 hours ago, brushmyhair said:

I don't see the Lions passing on Devonta, that's the honest to God truth. QB is something they'll address next year or in rd 2. 

Offense hasn't been the Lions issue. KG wants to come back, Marvin Jones could be re-signed, we just drafted Cephus, Hock is a Pro Bowler, etc. We've seen  many guys taken in later rounds be impact players. 

Our defense on the other hand, is near record setting 2008/0-16 historical levels. We'll be bringing in a new HC and a new DC (maybe the same guy?), which is going to lead to a wholesale change in defensive personnel.

The only way that we don't draft a defensive player is by taking a QB. 

On 12/28/2020 at 10:17 PM, brushmyhair said:

He gets to develop and sit behind Ryan. 

Yup and im ok with that while the new coach puts in the new playbook and not throw everything at Fields right away.  Plus it gives us a few years to get our cap situation under hand and still lets us go for it with ryan and julio for a few years if we choose to do so until we can move on from them.  I hopefully don't expect us to be back in the top 5 again under Ryan and them without Quinn here so might as well get a top level Qb prospect while we can.  

On 12/29/2020 at 12:52 AM, kingseanjohn said:

I like Horn, but this is too early for us to go CB. Our needs at other positions outweigh our need for CB depth. BPA IOL, WR, or LB please.

Co-sign this.  Our DB’s have been the strength of this defense.   We lose Breeland..   but Ward, Snead, and Fenton will all be back.. along with DeAndre Baker(not really giving high hopes for him yet).  But I’m comfortable with Baker as the #4.

Could definitely get behind adding a mid round CB to this mix,  but it’s definitely not a 1st Round need unless one of the top 2 drop. 

On 12/29/2020 at 2:55 AM, 43M said:

I have a feeling the Vikings would take Lance before trading that pick away for another team to do so.

I would certainly hope so. But this current regime (Zimmer/Spielman) will do whatever they can to win now, as they will likely be on a short leash for next year.  I dont think they are looking for a future franchise QB this soon, though they certainly should be. 

I can see a trade down to try and recoup a missing 2nd Rd pick. If they are trading back that far i would hope they would find a way to make it a future 1st RD pick though even if that means including an extra pick in this or next years draft.

They need to beef up the trenches, so hopefully a good OG or DT is there for the taking. Depending on if Danielle Hunter is recovered fully or not, I dont think the pick would be DE but it's possible as they need a pass rush badly. They usually look for DEs in the 3rd/4th RDs.

As sad as it would be to see, i could honestly see them picking a CB there at 24 with Wade available. Between injuries and ineffectiveness they need someone else on the outside to pair with Dantzler. Also depending on what they do with Anthony Harris at safety, that could be a very high need.

22 hours ago, m haynes said:

Your right,  Pitt should be looking for a QB ,but to get up to 10 from 28 would cost a additional 1st Rd pick. Reason, other teams such as the Pats in need of a QB will cause a bidding war.  IMO Trask would be a more realistic target. He reminds me of Ben. The game against Bama really showed his skills and he can play at the next level.  My dream as a Pats fan is to get Wilson however Trask would be more realistic and that would be just fine with me. Happy camper either way.

Unfortunately BB will probably pass on both Wilson and Trask and take a OL guy from Podonk U ! 😁

The chiefs traded from 27 to 10 to get Mahomes. 

2 hours ago, meixdaddy_10 said:

I would certainly hope so. But this current regime (Zimmer/Spielman) will do whatever they can to win now, as they will likely be on a short leash for next year.  I dont think they are looking for a future franchise QB this soon, though they certainly should be. 

I can see a trade down to try and recoup a missing 2nd Rd pick. If they are trading back that far i would hope they would find a way to make it a future 1st RD pick though even if that means including an extra pick in this or next years draft.

They need to beef up the trenches, so hopefully a good OG or DT is there for the taking. Depending on if Danielle Hunter is recovered fully or not, I dont think the pick would be DE but it's possible as they need a pass rush badly. They usually look for DEs in the 3rd/4th RDs.

As sad as it would be to see, i could honestly see them picking a CB there at 24 with Wade available. Between injuries and ineffectiveness they need someone else on the outside to pair with Dantzler. Also depending on what they do with Anthony Harris at safety, that could be a very high need.

I would not be shocked if they are picking a qb early in 2022

On 12/29/2020 at 3:03 AM, brushmyhair said:
  •  

Dallas trades 7, 39, and a 2022 3rd for pick 2. 

I don’t think this would cut it. Forget the trade chart; to move up to #2 your talking multiple firsts. 

7, 39, next years 1st and 4th would be similar to deals in the past. 

• Like 1