12/29 Mock Draft

BayRaider

Notes:

- We're four months away from the draft, and this isn't even the correct draft order since we have a week left, so I don't expect this to come anywhere close to the real draft.

- Won't be posting another Mock until at least Late January.

- I realize Fields falling to #14 isn't likely, but I do think Wilson surpasses Fields as the #2 QB come combine time, and with more tape study.

- Trey Lance is a better fit for Joe Brady's Offense than Justin Fields. Fields is not a good fit in a Brady Offense at all.

- To my fellow Raider fans, didn't really want another Corner... but he was BPA by far. Kick Arnette inside (perfect measurements to play nickel) and have a Top CB Trio. Gonna need it against Mahomes and Herbert.

- Think Toney keeps rising boards, and basically Payton's wet dream. The exact type of offensive weapon they are missing as well.

Once again, I realize Fields falling this far, and going behind Lance isn't likely, just how this mock ended up. Wilson goes #2, Lance is a way better fit in Carolina than Fields is, and other dominoes.

Sorry but did you see our QB last night!  Total yards passing 34 yards. Kyle Pitts is a great college TE at the next level he's just another good player.  History show teams go for years looking for a QB and you have the Pats passing on Trask.

I don't care if he's a potential ( which I don't ) bust the Pats don't have the luxury to pass a QB that has the chance to play well at the next level.

I don't get it you have the Panthers completely reach for the Draft Experts special Lance (Jordan Love)  that has nothing to warrant the pick other than "hope and a prayer" .

Lance has shown two skills. He can run and has a strong arm. IMO he's fools goal.

5 minutes ago, Counselor said:

I’d take it for Denver. Fields I hope gets a look but I believe Elway wants to stick with Lock.

I don’t think Lock has been as bad as everyone is claiming. He has earned at least a make or break year in 2021. 

He moves the ball well, and has great tools, it’s just those random turnovers he needs to clean up. He’s basically Jameis Winston, but with potential. 

Just now, BayRaider said:

I don’t think Lock has been as bad as everyone is claiming. He has earned at least a make or break year in 2021. 

He moves the ball well, and has great tools, it’s just those random turnovers he needs to clean up. He’s basically Jameis Winston, but with potential. 

Not a fan of his. Never was as a prospect and after the last five games of last season I had hope but I saw a lot of the same traits and qualities that turned me off to him as a prospect throughout this season. I won’t be upset if Elway decides to give him another shot but I want us to explore moving on also if there is someone they believe is a better fit/prospect at the position and not ignore the BPA strategy. 

Just now, Counselor said:

Not a fan of his. Never was as a prospect and after the last five games of last season I had hope but I saw a lot of the same traits and qualities that turned me off to him as a prospect throughout this season. I won’t be upset if Elway decides to give him another shot but I want us to explore moving on also if there is someone they believe is a better fit/prospect at the position and not ignore the BPA strategy. 

I didn’t like him much as a prospect either, 3rd Round Grade. Biggest reason is against top competition, he looked consistently terrible. 

With that said, I still think Lock has earned a 2021 nod, but odds are he won’t pan out. 

Did you use your own personal ratings of prospects or TDN's?  Just curious.

Being that there's no Rams 1st round pick to comment on and this is only a 1st round mock, I kind of question whether Mayfield would be the Chargers' pick, even if they went OT - which I'm still not sold on if Telesco stays.

A lot is likely going to lay on whether the Spanos clan is dumb enough to stick with Anthony Lynn, so really there's no telling who the HC/OC would be if they were to replace him, and the only eval to go off of with what we know... well... @CWood21's familiar with James Campen from when he was the OL coach in Green Bay, and Jalen Mayfield doesn't really scream Campen's cup of tea at OT to me.  Remember, Campen covets those athletic tackle types, but he puts a priority on feet, especially when we're talking this early... and the most glaring hole in Mayfield's game right now is the underdevelopment of his footwork.  Guys like Raddunz or Abraham Lucas on Day 2 feel much more like Campen picks, if LA decides to stick with the coaching stand and him.

With Hunter Henry likely hitting the market, seeing the Chargers opt for a "unique" (ish... not like there aren't somewhat similar talents in the league) weapon for Herbert in Pitts.  I could be possible they go WR and let Mike Williams walk, but smart money says he's probably taken the same route that Henry was and at least tagged a year to further see what they've got in Guyton and Tyron Johnson.