Would this Colt team be SB favorites with Andrew Luck?

7DnBrnc53

5 minutes ago, rich homie said:

I don't think most people understand just how well Rivers has been playing. 

We would be a better team with Luck but not so much massively that it completely changes the Super Bowl conversation.

This is right. Neither Luck nor Rivers had/has a reputation as a killer in the playoffs enough to distinguish one from another to favour them over the Chiefs or Pack.

Edited by ThatJaxxenGuy

Probably not since Luck wasn’t exactly a consistent QB. 

However, like I said in a post before this, Rivers 2020 season is one of the most overrated things on this board. He’s had an above-average season, and deserves some praise, but he still holds that team back with his massive limitations, and dwindling arm strength. Rivers has been good this season, but he’s not going to ever make a deep playoff push for what he currently is as a QB. 

Also, I noticed people even putting Rivers as a Top 10 QB season which is just laughable. Rodgers, Mahomes, Allen, Tannehil, Watson, Brady, Wilson, Murray, Cousins, Mayfield, Carr, Herbert, and I’d even say Lamar had a better season than Rivers with his down the run stretch. That’s 13 off the top of my head. 

Colts are absolutely stacked, and if they ever find a Top 10-12 QB, they could absolutely win the Super Bowl. 

I wonder if they will trade for Wentz? Reich/Wentz had an MVP season together. My guess is the Colts will roll with Rivers one more year, limiting their success. 

Edited by BayRaider

Damn. That’s a really good question. I’m not really high on Taylor even though he’s been playing good the last few weeks. But **** maybe. That OLine. Good playcalling. I don’t think anyone in the league has what I’d call a good defense but theirs is better than most. I think they’d have a really good shot.

Just now, RUGmen said:

Upsetting that Luck decided to hang them up right at the time the Colts had a dominant OL. 

Always liked him and would have been great to see the numbers he could put up on these Colts teams.

His arm looked cooked in his final year. I don't think his body was holding up well. But I half expected him to make a comeback after a year off.

20 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

His arm looked cooked in his final year. I don't think his body was holding up well. But I half expected him to make a comeback after a year off.

Really his arm was getting better during the second half of his final year. He never really has a huge arm but it was trending in the right direction before his abrupt retirement.