Steelers to start QB Mason Rudolph over Ben Roethlisberger versus Browns

AFlaccoSeagulls

23 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Especially when paired with the fact that due to attendance restrictions, home field doesn’t mean quite as much this year.

Really it's just the lost travel time. My east coast Geography isn't that great but I think Pittsburgh to Buffalo is probably only a few hours. It's a weird year and I think resting your stars instead of them playing a tough divisional game... in the AFC North no less is the right call.

EDIT: The AFC North is what the NFC East is marketed in prime to be.

Edited by Leoric

30 minutes ago, Leoric said:

Really it's just the lost travel time. My east coast Geography isn't that great but I think Pittsburgh to Buffalo is probably only a few hours. It's a weird year and I think resting your stars instead of them playing a tough divisional game... in the AFC North no less is the right call.

EDIT: The AFC North is what the NFC East is marketed in prime to be.

It’s probably a 30-45 min flight.

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Steelers are confirmed resting Pouncey, Heyward, and Watt.

Steelers are also dealing with some COVID mask violations from the locker room video -  and they said they'll handle punishments internally.
I wonder if Tomlin will "suspend" some players from this game as a means of satisfying that penalty.

1 hour ago, Shanedorf said:

Steelers are also dealing with some COVID mask violations from the locker room video -  and they said they'll handle punishments internally.
I wonder if Tomlin will "suspend" some players from this game as a means of satisfying that penalty.

If it's just players and no coaches, which seems to be the case, then it's OK per the NFL COVID policies. The players as a whole are considered by the NFL to be in a players' bubble.

If there were coaches with them without masks (but there aren't any in the video) then it would be a violation because coaches are in a different bubble than the players. For example, the Saints lost a pick because their locker room celebration included both coaches and players together without masks.

Wearing a mask when players are with players might be the wise thing to do, but it isn't required by NFL policy.