Week 17: Browns vs Steelers - PLAYOFFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

candyman93

Who wins?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Browns
    • Steelers
    • Us because 2020 is over

3 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

And the rest of their starting defense, including Tuitt

I love how this is shaping up into one of those damned if you do damned if you dont games. If we win and look good it will be 'Well yeah they played the steelers without anybody" and if they lose its "the Browns are frauds and horrible for losing to the Jets/Steelers'

Maybe, but I’ll take the win.

Just really irks me that we went through this last week and yet people still went out and did stuff to be around others that could pass COVID off to them . Like, how did last week not show you guys you need to stay away from others at this point of the season ? 

I am an introvert so the lockdowns had zero impact on my daily routine/life since I merely go from home to work and back home normally anyways. I get my social interaction online or at the office. I realize that most people are extroverts that need personal interaction but come on Browns - the play offs are on the line - stay TF away from others for a few weeks. Be more like us introverts!~ 

Edited by pscottdai
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, pscottdai said:

Just really irks me that we went through this last week and yet people still went out and did stuff to be around others that could pass COVID off to them . Like, how did last week not show you guys you need to stay away from others at this point of the season ? 

I am an introvert so the lockdowns had zero impact on my daily routine/life since I merely go from home to work and back home normally anyways. I get my social interaction online or at the office. I realize that most people are extroverts that need personal interaction but come on people - the play offs are on the line - stay TF away from others for a few weeks. Be more like us introverts!~ 

Well we don't know if he got it from a teammate. He very well may have been around family or a gathering but he also may not have. My wife went nowhere (besides 1 doctor appt) except to work where she wore a mask from March until now and she got it. I didn't and her three office mates tested negative so she must have got it from a customer (some weren't wearing masks) while she was wearing her mask. So even if you do everything you can you aren't completely safe from getting it.

Again, he may have been careless but he may not have been. We can't just blame all who get it as being being careless, even if the majority are.

4 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Well we don't know if he got it from a teammate. He very well may have been around family or a gathering but he also may not have. My wife went nowhere (besides 1 doctor appt) except to work where she wore a mask from March until now and she got it. I didn't and her three office mates tested negative so she must have got it from a customer (some weren't wearing masks) while she was wearing her mask. So even if you do everything you can you aren't completely safe from getting it.

Again, he may have been careless but he may not have been. We can't just blame all who get it as being being careless, even if the majority are.

I am talking all of them in general, not singling any one of them out. That said, I do not even go to family gatherings during this because like you said - even if you are being careful that doesn't mean others doing the same and that is my point. Go to the office and go back home until the season is over. 

Edited by pscottdai

8 minutes ago, pscottdai said:

As much as l dislike Colin Cowherd, he and Chris Simms express the point I was trying to get across a lot better than I did here: 

At a minimum, a player who is exposed to or contracts it through behavior outside of protocol should immediately be stiffly fined.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bruceb said:

At a minimum, a player who is exposed to or contracts it through behavior outside of protocol should immediately be stiffly fined.

The problem then is how do you prove it was a result of them being careless or say a close family member having been carless and passing it off to them? Or having gotten it through chance contact at a gas station, grocery store, etc. 

is a tough one to work through.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, pscottdai said:

The problem then is how do you prove it was a result of them being careless or say a close family member having been carless and passing it off to them? Or having gotten it through chance contact at a gas station, grocery store, etc. 

is a tough one to work through.

Personaly, if I were blessed enough to be paid a lot of money to play a game I would be living somewhere away from my family, going out in public only as absolutely necessary and only when wearing an n95 mask.

Maybe all that should be protocol?

48 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Personaly, if I were blessed enough to be paid a lot of money to play a game I would be living somewhere away from my family, going out in public only as absolutely necessary and only when wearing an n95 mask.

Maybe all that should be protocol?

Yeah well when someone tells you to spend a long amount of time, weeks, months, whatever we're talking about here, away from your expectant wife, your newborn child or maybe your special needs child or loved one I think you may as well cancel the season because I don't think the players would agree to that. Yu could say only your immediate family under normal circumstances but we've already been told to do that as a natio...errr world.

There is a pretty good chance the Steelers are pumping this into opposing team's houses, they always seem to be going up against teams that are having issues.

Joking of course

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Expect a weird wintery weather mix. Hope it’s not like the Texans game.

Welcome to The Lake. 😎

Edited by Bonanza23
Sounds like only 1-3 inches or in other words not a big deal, no wind? Suck it up buttercups
  • Like 1