Jets officially fire HC Adam Gase

.Buzz

11 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

How long will Darnold stay with Jets is entirely up to new HC.

I would hate to see them get rid of Darnold. I honestly think he is a good QB and just needs to be put in a situation with a competent HC and legitimate weapons around him.

If the Jets trade out of #2 for a haul, let Fields/Wilson go to the highest bidder and do a complete offensive overhaul with the OL/WR/RB positions I think he can have a productive career.

He reminds me a lot of Andy Dalton for whatever reason

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I would hate to see them get rid of Darnold. I honestly think he is a good QB and just needs to be put in a situation with a competent HC and legitimate weapons around him.

If the Jets trade out of #2 for a haul, let Fields/Wilson go to the highest bidder and do a complete offensive overhaul with the OL/WR/RB positions I think he can have a productive career.

He reminds me a lot of Andy Dalton for whatever reason

Darnold's recent performance is an unremovable stain to our memory but yeah whether Darnold or other qb, Jets are going to upgrade many non qb positions the same.

Edited by JetsandI

19 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Darnold's recent performance is an unremovable stain to our memory but yeah whether Darnold or other qb, Jets are going to upgrade many non qb positions the same.

Right, but I think I posted this is your guys' Jets board but just look at the Browns as a roadmap. Baker (like Darnold) looked like a bust last year, they brought in a good offensive minded HC that was known for making QBs look good and invested heavily in the OL/WRs/RBs around Baker. Now this year he has looked like a completely different player. I just think Darnold is talented and smart enough to have a year next year like Baker did this yearĀ if they navigate this offseason appropriatelyĀ 

Edited by AkronsWitness

6 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Right, but I think I posted this is your guys' Jets board but just look at the Browns as a roadmap. Baker (like Darnold) looked like a bust last year, they brought in a good offensive minded HC that was known for making QBs look good and invested heavily in the OL/WRs/RBs around Baker. Now this year he has looked like a completely different player. I just think Darnold is talented and smart enough to have a year next year like Baker did this yearĀ if they navigate this offseason appropriatelyĀ 

Sound plausible.Ā Ā  Let's see if our new HC agrees with that.