Jets officially fire HC Adam Gase

.Buzz

On 12/29/2020 at 2:12 PM, Forge said:

Enjoy the college game, Adam! You can make a lot of money there 

Alabama has an OC spot that just opened up. He's going to have competetion, though...

https://tdalabamamag.com/2021/01/03/bill-o-brien-nfl-head-coach-alabama-football/

BoB vs Gase. Who you gonna take?

(Safe money is to take Auburn, no matter who gets the OC role...)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Not saying Gase was close to the answer. But the Jets fielded an expansion team on offense this year. How were they supposed to win games?

It was designed to acquire Trevor Lawrence. Having failed that, Gase didn't deserve to be kept around.

• Like 2

Not since Marty Morhinweg have I seen a head coach who was so clearly in over his head. He ran off Leveon Bell. He practically got Sam Darnold killed. His "offensive mastery" consisted of handing off to Frank Gore over and over whether it worked or not. His press conferences ranged from bizarre to infuriating as he dodged responsibility for the team's badness and droned impotently about how hard they were working in practice.

He was an apocalyptically bad hire, but in a way I'll miss him. It may be decades before pro football sees this kind of unintentional comedy in coaching again.

• Like 1

On 1/8/2021 at 9:14 PM, y*so*blu said:

Not since Marty Morhinweg have I seen a head coach who was so clearly in over his head. He ran off Leveon Bell. He practically got Sam Darnold killed. His "offensive mastery" consisted of handing off to Frank Gore over and over whether it worked or not. His press conferences ranged from bizarre to infuriating as he dodged responsibility for the team's badness and droned impotently about how hard they were working in practice.

He was an apocalyptically bad hire, but in a way I'll miss him. It may be decades before pro football sees this kind of unintentional comedy in coaching again.

Bell sucks now, Darnold sucks, his team was rarely healthy, he never blamed anyone. 

That said he didn't have the answers for us.