GDT: Titans @ Texans

TitanLegend

9 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

I saw an article a while back saying Pees was missing coaching. I imagine maybe covid kept him from a return. Maybe he'll come back for next season if he truly does miss it, assuming we can get covid under some kind of control.

Probably not, but a man can dream.

I wonder is Vrabel was mad and or holding a grudge or just stubborn or a combination of all of it 

You get to the AFC Championship game 

Pees leaves, Coombs leaves, McKenzie leaves 

Midway through the season with the defense struggling Pees floats it out there he would come back for the right situation 

He lives in Nashville

Titans defense was horrific 

Maybe Vrabel just feels pissed off Pees didn’t want to see out this run the Titans were on and feels he was hung out to dry a little bit 

Well never know but just my own personal little theory 

4 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

There is no reason for full confidence given the play of our defense.

Watson can put up 400 yards on a good defense.

I’m freaking the F out about missing playoffs 

to me, the game on Sunday is a coin flip. Watson always makes it hard on us. Idc what their record is

23 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

I’m freaking the F out about missing playoffs 

to me, the game on Sunday is a coin flip. Watson always makes it hard on us. Idc what their record is

I'm at peace. 
As much as i'd like to see us in the playoffs and see us make a run. I'm whatever.

This season has been cool, with Rona and all.
It has been crazy. I've had as little interest in games this year more than ever, but at same time can't wait for them. 
I have never felt less interested in college football this year. 

The draft is going to be a crap shoot for me. I don't know anyone of interest. 

Playoffs are wild. I feel whoever wins people will say "Oh it was in the Rona year." 
"We didn't get a bye."
"We had injuries."
"We lost these players before game."

Normally have a big Super Bowl Party every year and can't this year.

Defense sucks all the joy from watching..lol

See ya Sunday. :)

I think we will know how this game goes real early. It is super beneficial for us to get the ball first. I believe we get some special play-calling from Art on the first couple drives. Back against the wall he pulls out the stops and opens up the playbook. Something I wish he would do in a situation like last week, but he kept it way too conservative. The good thing about this week and playoffs this year if we make them, I feel we are going to find out what this team is about, coaches and key players are made of. We can be soft and poorly coached and lose this week to an inferior opponent. Or we can overcome serious weaknesses with team grit and tough, smart coaching and make a little run here. I am of no delusion that we are likely to make it to the Super Bowl, but I would like to see Vrabel dig deep and show us big brain ability to be game plan specific and overcome weaknesses to get a couple of wins in the playoffs. I believe.

I think it is also time to give Tannehill more of a green light and see if he can be that guy. The guy that can take over a game early. The guy who can be the reason we won the game. We need to find out if he has got it like that. The guy who scares opposing teams to the point they have to be game plan specific for him. To me that is also the only way we can overcome the defense and make a special run. 

Just now, twotonebluenation said:

I think it is also time to give Tannehill more of a green light and see if he can be that guy. The guy that can take over a game early. The guy who can be the reason we won the game. We need to find out if he has got it like that. The guy who scares opposing teams to the point they have to be game plan specific for him. To me that is also the only way we can overcome the defense and make a special run. 

my fear is vrabel is just going to try and run it back and we're gonna give henry 30 carries a game from here on out lol. which obviously won't work with this defense. hopefully we're smarter than that.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

my fear is vrabel is just going to try and run it back and we're gonna give henry 30 carries a game from here on out lol. which obviously won't work with this defense. hopefully we're smarter than that.

The feel for the game needs to be better. Each matchup and game needs to be planned and executed differently. We are at a point where for the most part we are just more talented on offense to the point where we can just handle most inferior teams. We have proved that. Teams know what they need to do beat us, our defense being as bad as it is, we cant just impose our will anymore just using Henry. Heck if we get down 10 points it is just hard to use him anymore with our D. This is definitely a coaching crossroads for Vrabel, he can elevate himself at this point if he does something special with this trash can d we have. I think it is going to take throwing people off and being more unconventional on offense, right out the gate. To me it doesn't mean totally going away from Henry, but maybe using him more on uncharacteristic downs. Throwing high percentage dink and dunk passes on first. Also finding more creative ways to just put the ball in AJs hands on early downs, how do we not run more sweeps or designed screens for this guy. Idk haha, just be less predictable, because the good teams have caught up to what we do.

2 hours ago, twotonebluenation said:

The feel for the game needs to be better. Each matchup and game needs to be planned and executed differently. We are at a point where for the most part we are just more talented on offense to the point where we can just handle most inferior teams. We have proved that. Teams know what they need to do beat us, our defense being as bad as it is, we cant just impose our will anymore just using Henry. Heck if we get down 10 points it is just hard to use him anymore with our D. This is definitely a coaching crossroads for Vrabel, he can elevate himself at this point if he does something special with this trash can d we have. I think it is going to take throwing people off and being more unconventional on offense, right out the gate. To me it doesn't mean totally going away from Henry, but maybe using him more on uncharacteristic downs. Throwing high percentage dink and dunk passes on first. Also finding more creative ways to just put the ball in AJs hands on early downs, how do we not run more sweeps or designed screens for this guy. Idk haha, just be less predictable, because the good teams have caught up to what we do.

I’m not pounding the table for us to run more screens — we just can’t design them properly — but you’re so right regarding AJ and how well he could be utilized on screens.

Hes an even more aggressive/challenge to bring down than Deebo Samuel, and SF does everything they can to get that guy the ball with a little bit of room

Davis fumbled on a screen a couple weeks ago and my bigger issue was running a screen WITH DAVIS rather than the fumble. Physically he’s a very long player and takes a couple strides to get to full speed. Not ideal for a screen in the NFL.

AJ, on the other hand...damn near perfect 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

I’m not pounding the table for us to run more screens — we just can’t design them properly — but you’re so right regarding AJ and how well he could be utilized on screens.

Hes an even more aggressive/challenge to bring down than Deebo Samuel, and SF does everything they can to get that guy the ball with a little bit of room

Davis fumbled on a screen a couple weeks ago and my bigger issue was running a screen WITH DAVIS rather than the fumble. Physically he’s a very long player and takes a couple strides to get to full speed. Not ideal for a screen in the NFL.

AJ, on the other hand...damn near perfect 

honestly i think part of the reason is that AJ's been playing hurt all year. we didn't have a problem getting him the ball on designed runs last year and haven't done it at all this year. i don't think that's a coincidence.

28 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

honestly i think part of the reason is that AJ's been playing hurt all year. we didn't have a problem getting him the ball on designed runs last year and haven't done it at all this year. i don't think that's a coincidence.

Yea he’s def banged up