John Farrell out as Red Sox manager

Spartica4Real

7 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

I believe that Red Sox fans were expecting this. Seems a little odd to me to dump him, but I don't pay very close attention to the Red Sox. It'll be interesting who they can bring in as manager. Who might be a splashy choice for them?

Dusty Baker if the Nationals fire him?

48 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

I believe that Red Sox fans were expecting this. Seems a little odd to me to dump him, but I don't pay very close attention to the Red Sox. It'll be interesting who they can bring in as manager. Who might be a splashy choice for them?

Torey Luvullo :( 

Seems like Cora is the hot name right now but I've also read Ron Gardenhire, Varitek and Ausmus  being tossed around. It'll be interesting to see what happens - I wasn't a huge fan of JF but I don't know if he was the problem and I don't know if there's someone better out there. 

...only time will tell, i suppose. 

Thanks for not messing up 2013, but good riddance. The guy was either oblivious or incompetent at clubhouse management and his in game management wasn't that much e

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/248431436/john-farrell-on-sox-pitching-change-confusion/

I'm hoping it's Alex Cora who gets the job. He's the name buzzing around the region. The other name, who could be available after this evening: Joe Girardi. Wouldn't hate to have him as the manager either.

6 hours ago, CAS22 said:

Cora is going to be a great manager.  Very progressive, bi-lingual, and players absolutely love him.  

He's #1 on my wish list.

What can Detroit fans tell me about Ausmus? Obvious connection with Dombrowski and he's from the area, so his name is being thrown around.

11 hours ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

He's #1 on my wish list.

What can Detroit fans tell me about Ausmus? Obvious connection with Dombrowski and he's from the area, so his name is being thrown around.

He was a pretty poor strategic manager.

Archived