An opportunity for a huge rivalry

pf9

The Dolphins' QB of the future is Tua.

The Jaguars, located 300 miles up I-95, appear set to draft Trevor Lawrence.

The two QBs met in the CFP title game to end the 2018 season. Lawrence's Clemson Tigers smacked Tua's Alabama Crimson Tide.

If the NFL were to realign its divisions in a way that puts Miami in the AFC South with Jacksonville, the in-state rivalry could be marked by constant QB rematches of the 2018 season CFP title game.

• Like 1

On 12/29/2020 at 7:20 PM, Tetsujin said:

If the upcoming 17th game is a subjective rivalry/narrative matchup, we could have that.

Not a fan of the extra game but could get behind the extra game being a “subjective/rivalry” matchup. Though I’m hoping the 17th game remains a division opponent. It makes the last week very entertaining.

Edited by Phinsesq

On 12/29/2020 at 6:33 PM, TheKillerNacho said:

Hard "no thanks", there, boss.

Fond of our current rivalries and we've just recently finished rejoicing that we won't have to deal with Trevor Lawrence within the division.

I agree I like the history of our rivalries, though Trevor Lawrence might be preferable to Josh Allen at the moment. 

6 minutes ago, Phinsesq said:

I agree I like the history of our rivalries, though Trevor Lawrence might be preferable to Josh Allen at the moment. 

Long term, nah.

Either way, the Bills are our rivals. Have been for decades. Restructures like this are unnecessary and silly. The NFL already has a fantastic rivalry system in place.

Rivalry has way less to do with geography than it does with history.