What is Jordan Love's trade value?

Apparition

I’d put Jordan Love’s trade value at a top 10-15 first round pick plus a conditional day two pick the following season.

I think we see all the top 4 QBs go in the top 10 of the draft and that will leave some teams with less than ideal QB situations; Patriots, Colts, WFC, Bears, and Steelers will all find themselves in need of a QB.

Having spent a season within a great NFL offense learning from under one of the GOATs, a QB with tools that would easily put him ahead of QB options like Mac Jones and Kyle Trask that’s still only 22 years old. If Love had been coming out this year, he’s probably drafted in that 10-15 range to one of the aforementioned teams, perhaps even higher. Having had time to correct collegiate flaws with NFL coaching, along with the fact that the Packers aren’t likely to be shopping him, but simply moving him to a team that is aggressively pursuing him... it only makes sense that said team would have to provide enough value to make the deal worth it for the Packers. So something like 1st + 2nd/3rd... if Love balls out, it upgrades to a 2nd, if not, it stays at just a 3rd/4th (depending on play). Something similar to the Sam Bradford deal.

26 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

So something like 1st + 2nd/3rd... if Love balls out, it upgrades to a 2nd, if not, it stays at just a 3rd/4th (depending on play). Something similar to the Sam Bradford deal.

Thats type of offer is even less likely to occur then the Packers trading him. Packers are playing chess, not checkers.

5 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Brett Favre had the best season of his career at the age of 40 in 2009, and then he fell off a cliff a year later.  Once a player hits 40, the clock really starts ticking.  I wouldn't be too quick to get rid of a QB you spent a first round pick on before even seeing him play.

I hate the argument of "fell off a cliff in a year" Frave went Jameis Winston the year  before with 22/22 (td/int). In fact, he was 88/84 the previous 4 years with a int% of nearly 4%,. To be precise: he had a 3.9% TD ratio to 3.7% int ratio with a 34-30 record in that time span. So yeh, Favre was already a bellow mediocre QB and probably gave all his got in one final season before retiring.

There's nothing special at the age of 40, It's a human made calendar that doesn't necessarily reflect our biology and whats happening on our body. We don't hit puberty at 10, we don't become adults at 20, and we don't become old at 40, even if we disconsider that each body is unique. Our body has his own calendar. Psychologically it may affect people but that's it. We are not iphones that at the age of 40 stop getting updates. We'll slowly decline till the day we die. There's no effin cliff unless injuries/diseases occur.

Edited by LaFellSBXLIXMVP

6 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

I’d put Jordan Love’s trade value at a top 10-15 first round pick plus a conditional day two pick the following season.

I think we see all the top 4 QBs go in the top 10 of the draft and that will leave some teams with less than ideal QB situations; Patriots, Colts, WFC, Bears, and Steelers will all find themselves in need of a QB.

Having spent a season within a great NFL offense learning from under one of the GOATs, a QB with tools that would easily put him ahead of QB options like Mac Jones and Kyle Trask that’s still only 22 years old. If Love had been coming out this year, he’s probably drafted in that 10-15 range to one of the aforementioned teams, perhaps even higher. Having had time to correct collegiate flaws with NFL coaching, along with the fact that the Packers aren’t likely to be shopping him, but simply moving him to a team that is aggressively pursuing him... it only makes sense that said team would have to provide enough value to make the deal worth it for the Packers. So something like 1st + 2nd/3rd... if Love balls out, it upgrades to a 2nd, if not, it stays at just a 3rd/4th (depending on play). Something similar to the Sam Bradford deal.

This answers the question in the OP as best can be.

• Like 1

Right now not much.  Until we see him in action against an NFL defense we won't know.  He is behind other QBs drafted this year because he didn't have the offseason work (mini camps and preseason games) and now he is inactive because he is behind Rodgers' backup Tim Boyle.  Ask this question in 2021/2022.

11 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Brett Favre had the best season of his career at the age of 40 in 2009, and then he fell off a cliff a year later.  Once a player hits 40, the clock really starts ticking.  I wouldn't be too quick to get rid of a QB you spent a first round pick on before even seeing him play.

The inconsistency typically occurs no later than age 38. There have only been two QBs in NFL history who were consistently good between ages 38-40, and they’re still playing. Brady and Brees were also much less prone to injury through their careers, so there’s no reason to think that Rodgers will be another unicorn. 

Edited by sammymvpknight

5 hours ago, LaFellSBXLIXMVP said:

I hate the argument of "fell off a cliff in a year" Frave went Jameis Winston the year  before with 22/22 (td/int). In fact, he was 88/84 the previous 4 years with a int% of nearly 4%,. To be precise: he had a 3.9% TD ratio to 3.7% int ratio with a 34-30 record in that time span. So yeh, Favre was already a bellow mediocre QB and probably gave all his got in one final season before retiring.

There's nothing special at the age of 40, It's a human made calendar that doesn't necessarily reflect our biology and whats happening on our body. We don't hit puberty at 10, we don't become adults at 20, and we don't become old at 40, even if we disconsider that each body is unique. Our body has his own calendar. Psychologically it may affect people but that's it. We are not iphones that at the age of 40 stop getting updates. We'll slowly decline till the day we die. There's no effin cliff unless injuries/diseases occur.

How old are you?  Just curious.  As someone who is 40, I can tell you you hit milestones in life and you can feel the difference.  It's not that one suddenly drops dead at age 40, it's that at age 40 your body doesnt recover the same way it used to.  I've had a nagging issue in my shoulder/neck for about the last 6 months.  A few years ago I would have been able to give it a little bit of rest and it would have gone away.  Now, I've been to a doctor, nothing is structurally wrong, but I cant really get it to go away bc I cant give it total rest.  Imagine you get hit for a living non stop, rest only comes in the offseason and it takes 6 months to feel right again.  That is why guys retire when it seems like their skills havent eroded away.

• Like 1