BrettFavre004

Welp  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Go Pack Go

• Who are you?
    • The Bears Still Suck
    • I kind of hate you
    • I literally now know less about the draft than I did before reading this
    • There is no way he is still available there and you could get him a round later
    • Thrillhouse >>>> CWood

5 hours ago, VonKarman said:

I want to think that you guys say that the cap is going to stay flat because it makes your mocks easier to do and not because you actually believe it. No chance it's going to happen.

If the cap goes down to 175, that's probably 6-8 depth veterans per team that will need to take the year off or retire. Your Rick Wagner's will be replaced by UDFAs. 

The NFL has no desire to see a league one injury away from bad players forced into starting roles as they know injuries always happen. The NFLPA has no desire to see probably 150 of its players forced into early retirement.

This is going to be one of the easier bargaining agreements of all time. Borrow 5 mil from the cap for the next 5 years and keep this years cap flat. It will happen.

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Nobody wants the cap to go down. Not the players and not the owners. 

No one wants the cap to go down, but the owners kind of don’t care (financially), but the current veterans, many of whom won’t even be in the league come 2023, really really don’t want the cap to go down.

I think it’s been mostly posturing by the owners as a negotiating tactic to get more things like that 17 game season, likely still more to come.  And frankly it has been working and they will probably still end up getting more out of it if they ‘agree’ to stretch out the hit a bit more.

Edited by BrettFavre004

1 hour ago, BrettFavre004 said:

No one wants the cap to go down, but the owners kind of don’t care (financially), but the current veterans, many of whom won’t even be in the league come 2023, really really don’t want the cap to go down.

I think it’s been mostly posturing by the owners as a negotiating tactic to get more things like that 17 game season, likely still more to come.  And frankly it has been working and they will probably still end up getting more out of it if they ‘agree’ to stretch out the hit a bit more.

Absolutely agree.  The initial $140M that was floated last season by  the owners was the start of the "negotiation".  $175 was settled, but the NFL knows how this affects the players if the cap stays there and lots of veteran players get cut and there still is limited cap for them to sign elsewhere.  So the negotiation to borrow from future seasons to keep the cap flat works for the teams, and current players (majority of them, most likely).

About the mock....

I thought you did a great job freeing up money.  But then it wasn't spent on outside free agents.

I loved the corner pick in round 2.  In a mock I did yesterday, I took him in the first.

First pick...is kind of "whatever" for me.  He is young, so he will get better.  To me, it looked like he played tall.  Too upright.  He's gonna get plastered if he plays that high and relies on that swim move.  On the plus side for him, he reminds me of Kenny Clark in that he is young, powerful, quick and did I mention it...young.

I really liked the WR.

Couldn't understand the TE.  Tonyan is back.  Stern is back.  Deguara will be back.  Not sure we can't bring back Lewis...again.

Outside of not signing free agents and the TE pick, I loved it.

12 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

About the mock....

I thought you did a great job freeing up money.  But then it wasn't spent on outside free agents.

I loved the corner pick in round 2.  In a mock I did yesterday, I took him in the first.

First pick...is kind of "whatever" for me.  He is young, so he will get better.  To me, it looked like he played tall.  Too upright.  He's gonna get plastered if he plays that high and relies on that swim move.  On the plus side for him, he reminds me of Kenny Clark in that he is young, powerful, quick and did I mention it...young.

I really liked the WR.

Couldn't understand the TE.  Tonyan is back.  Stern is back.  Deguara will be back.  Not sure we can't bring back Lewis...again.

Outside of not signing free agents and the TE pick, I loved it.

We are entering 2021 with the 4th worst cap situation in the league with a lot of good players to resign.  Don't see us doing anything more than a Devin Funchess caliber signing, maybe at CB if we lose King, or maybe WR, DL or ILB again. 

Plus if we play the compensation game at all, any real FA will likely end up costing us a draft pick.  If we do add anyone externally, I think it would likely come from some guys on this list. https://www.spotrac.com/research/nfl/2021-nfl-roster-bubbles-1132/

8 hours ago, VonKarman said:

I want to think that you guys say that the cap is going to stay flat because it makes your mocks easier to do and not because you actually believe it. No chance it's going to happen.

I actually do.  NBA and NBAPA agreed to it for this season.  The NHL has the same salary cap as last year.

I'm probably in the minority here, but I probably wouldn't take a DL first 2-3 rounds. We play so many odd fronts (1/2/3) I just don't see a 80% of snap need. With Keke/Clark we have 2 "good" IDL. Dean (cutting only gains 3.3M) and Lancaster (cheap RFA) will likely be back and they are both okay at their jobs (space eating). I really see us more likely to go with a mid round DL project again/cheap Rush level vet.

Other than that, I probably wouldn't take a TE (Tonay/Stern/Degura... we kind of have a full room).

A 2/3 is a little steep to go up 18 spots in R2. I do like the player and we will need a corner (especially with King likely gone).

Considering wr contract situations/returner situations next offseason, I'd like a little more juice before late round 4

I'm fine with the offseason though, just my thoughts.

5 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

A 2/3 is a little steep to go up 18 spots in R2. I do like the player and we will need a corner (especially with King likely gone).

Last year, the Seahawks traded a SRP (59) and 3rd round pick (101) to NY Jets for their SRP (48).  Value seems about right.

2 hours ago, BrettFavre004 said:

We are entering 2021 with the 4th worst cap situation in the league with a lot of good players to resign.  Don't see us doing anything more than a Devin Funchess caliber signing, maybe at CB if we lose King, or maybe WR, DL or ILB again. 

Plus if we play the compensation game at all, any real FA will likely end up costing us a draft pick.  If we do add anyone externally, I think it would likely come from some guys on this list. https://www.spotrac.com/research/nfl/2021-nfl-roster-bubbles-1132/

Oh, I get what you are doing.  But you left 9.3M on the table while letting both King and Jones walk.

If you are doing mocks and creating space with extensions, let's look at Z, too.  Give him more guaranteed, spread it out, re-sign King to a one year deal.

Just thoughts.  

If you had a choice...would you take Barmore or Nixon.  I've been watching both closely this year and I personally like Nixon as he is a little better against the run.  Barmore is bigger and started slowly this year, but has been coming on in the later half of this year.  Overall, its really a disappointing class for interior defensive lineman.