2 rounds.

Suffering_Bills

14 hours ago, Suffering_Bills said:

Oh, and as far as the 2nd-round pick for the Jags? You might maybe not like it, personally, but I would have them selecting Freiermuth, the TE from Penn State. Blocking help from both him and Cosmi, plus a potentially excellent security blanket for a young QB.

im fine with Friermuth.  i just think we need to invest in a starting CB over a "potential Swing tackle" especially with this deeper OT class. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Suffering_Bills said:

Cosmi looks like he could possibly be your LT of the future. Good points on your part, as well.

while he could be the LT of the future but ive seen multiple scouts who arent a huge fan of him.   they seem to think hes more of a round 2/3 guy then a round 1 guy.  

the biggest key is if we resign Robinson or not.  we resign robinson we should be able to put off taking an OT till the 2nd 2nd rounder we have or the 3rd round. 

6 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

while he could be the LT of the future but ive seen multiple scouts who arent a huge fan of him.   they seem to think hes more of a round 2/3 guy then a round 1 guy.  

the biggest key is if we resign Robinson or not.  we resign robinson we should be able to put off taking an OT till the 2nd 2nd rounder we have or the 3rd round. 

How would you feel about D-line?

20 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

I like the pick but I think we can get by without using a premium pick on a DE. Most of our guys who have been successful (Robison, Edwards, Griffen, Hunter, Weatherly and even Odenigbo) were drafted no higher than the 3rd round.

I think we focus on OL early, which historically has given Spielman issues when trying to draft that position with anything other than a 1st or 2nd round pick.

In fact...

• Like 1

On 1/8/2021 at 4:26 AM, Suffering_Bills said:

How would you feel about D-line?

im not impressed with the IDL draft class as a whole.  and for edge we have the sack artist known as Josh Allen and Chaisson. 

it really depends what we do in FA.   alot of us are hoping for some reinforcement via fa instead of draft like Leonard williams and Trey Hendrickson. 

3 hours ago, A TRAIN 89 said:

I can assure you this, Ron Rivera and Scott Turner have no interest in a statue like Kyle Trask. They’ve spoken at length about having a QB who can maneuver inside and run outside the pocket. Kyle Trask is not that guy. 

I was coming to say something along the lines of this as well. I am honestly not a fan of Trask in the first regardless.

15 hours ago, A TRAIN 89 said:

I can assure you this, Ron Rivera and Scott Turner have no interest in a statue like Kyle Trask. They’ve spoken at length about having a QB who can maneuver inside and run outside the pocket. Kyle Trask is not that guy. 

Okay. Based on this mock scenario, give me an alternative pick, and I'll see if I can work with you.

• 1 month later...