2 rounds.

Suffering_Bills

You should be aware that the Chiefs have two starting grade OL coming off COVID opt-out. Lucas Niang would be in the Mayfield, Eichenberg, Cosmi, Jenkins tier. Laurant Duvernay-Tardiff started in the Super Bowl that they won. 

J

Edited by onejayhawk

On 3/13/2021 at 3:52 AM, Forge said:

From a prospect standpoint, he's not worth it. That's subjective. But second round QBs are kind of a dying thing lately and I don't love their value mostly. He's very much a project so that's a couple rounds too early

Secondly, I just have never understood it from a niners standpoint. I've been a vocal proponent that if you aren't going qb in the first round, you should be punting the position this year if you are the niners. You're either shooting your shot at the top and embracing the transition, or you're committing to trying to win this year with Jimmy, in which case you're signing a competent back up and you work with Rosen as your project as a qb 3. Niners have a lot of holes and not a ton of money. A second round pick us likely an immediate contributor. Spending a second round pick on a project qb who can't likely even be your backup his rookie season kind of goes against that

Fair points. Alternative selection/s?

On 3/16/2021 at 12:18 PM, Suffering_Bills said:

Fair points. Alternative selection/s?

Now it's anyone's guess. I don't think most of us expected us to get a lot of our resignings back. 

Second rounder may not have to be earmarked for a need, which could put QB back on the board there. I wouldn't take mills that high, but I get why people would. 

Edge, interior offensive line, QB, tight end could all be on the table

On 12/30/2020 at 6:03 AM, Suffering_Bills said:

#15. NEW ENGLAND: Devonta Smith, WR, Alabama.

JC Horn is more of a need. Smith is a good player however he's a WR. CB far more important than a WR. Also you can get one later in the draft. There is no way BB passes on a outstanding CB for a WR.  especially with Gilmore (trade) and Jackson (2nd RD tender) situation.

On 3/19/2021 at 3:24 AM, Forge said:

Now it's anyone's guess. I don't think most of us expected us to get a lot of our resignings back. 

Second rounder may not have to be earmarked for a need, which could put QB back on the board there. I wouldn't take mills that high, but I get why people would. 

Edge, interior offensive line, QB, tight end could all be on the table

UPDATE: Looks like Mills might've earned his draft stock...

1 hour ago, Suffering_Bills said:

UPDATE: Looks like Mills might've earned his draft stock...

If people are bumping him up because of a pro day that would be silly. It was already known that he had a nice arm and threw a nice ball.  

Honestly though, this happens every year. Josh dobbs was getting first round buzz. Davis webb. Etc. I'm not even sure mills goes over mond, and I wouldn't take either in the first two rounds. 

Teams do stupid crap all the time, so it wouldn't be the most shocking thing, but that's a lot of red flags

39 minutes ago, Forge said:

If people are bumping him up because of a pro day that would be silly. It was already known that he had a nice arm and threw a nice ball.  

Honestly though, this happens every year. Josh dobbs was getting first round buzz. Davis webb. Etc. I'm not even sure mills goes over mond, and I wouldn't take either in the first two rounds. 

Teams do stupid crap all the time, so it wouldn't be the most shocking thing, but that's a lot of red flags

I hear ya. One factor that had me thinking he could be the pick, though, is because of regionality, playing at Stanford. Probably might not mean anything.

1 minute ago, Suffering_Bills said:

I hear ya. One factor that had me thinking he could be the pick, though, is because of regionality, playing at Stanford. Probably might not mean anything.

Oh no, that's legit possible. Niners looooooove that stuff

• Like 1

On 3/19/2021 at 6:18 AM, m haynes said:

JC Horn is more of a need. Smith is a good player however he's a WR. CB far more important than a WR. Also you can get one later in the draft. There is no way BB passes on a outstanding CB for a WR.  especially with Gilmore (trade) and Jackson (2nd RD tender) situation.

Duly noted, and hard to disagree based on positional need, but if Smith is there, it's a no-brainer.

48 minutes ago, Suffering_Bills said:

Would you at least agree that Mills has made an acceptable case for QB#6?

Oh, yeah, I have him as qb6. I just have a huge drop from the first five and wouldn't take any of those guys in the first two rounds

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...