Other Teams Hiring Our Staff (for GM or HC) - News and Discussion

diamondbull424

Given they've never made the formula public (places like OverTheCap have basically been able to reverse engineer it) I guess it'd certainly be possible.

A lot will come down to whether the NFL and NFLPA can collectively bargain to borrow from expected increased earnings from the TV deals in 2022 for a higher cap this year.  I think if the cap is something more like $185-190m then guys like Ngakoue or Judon (who would probably only need to get a $14m/yr contract) would obviously have a better chance of netting us a 3rd.  

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, drd23 said:

I wouldn't be expecting to re-coup 3rd round comp picks for FAs we lose given the state of cap space around the league.

While its most likely that the 2nd level FAs are the ones that are going to be squeezed the most, but when when the cap is potentially going to be $35m lower than expected, surely even the guys at the top arent going to get the same sorts of contract offers they might have done 2 off-seasons ago

Yup. This is what I was thinking. I’d say Yannick probably gets a 4th round comp.

Though I suppose if his value is low enough, he might opt to resign with us for one more season at something in that 1 yr $8-9m range so that he can enter next years free agency instead. It could make sense for him to bet on himself in such a manner while having a legitimate shot at a ring and staying close to home for one more season. That vs him accepting something in that $10-11m range on a 2-3 year basis.

Will be interesting to see what type of value Ngakoue is looking for and just how badly he wants to get paid immediately.

Edited by diamondbull424

I think Rob Ryan was Harbaugh giving Wink a chance to bring in one of 'his' guys, whereas the likely Harbaugh move there would have been promoting Orr. 

Sad to see him go but I think given how much work/development Queen needs an experienced hand in the LB room is probably better than putting a young/novice coach in there. 

• Like 2

I'm taking it as a good sign that it's been several days since Culley got hired and we haven't Engram moved over to WR coach. Hopefully means there's a search underway for a new guy there. Hopefully Bischoff being poached further dissuades him from moving Engram off of TE's. 

Very interested to see whether Urban gets bumped up to passing game coordinator or whether a new WR coach does. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

I'm taking it as a good sign that it's been several days since Culley got hired and we haven't Engram moved over to WR coach. Hopefully means there's a search underway for a new guy there. Hopefully Bischoff being poached further dissuades him from moving Engram off of TE's. 

Very interested to see whether Urban gets bumped up to passing game coordinator or whether a new WR coach does. 

I can't imagine we'd move Engram from WR's to TE's and then back to WR's given how bad he was at being WR's coach in the first place.

Sheesh Rob Ryan is our only non-diversity new hire. Ravens definitely doing their part in promoting diversity throughout their staff for the league.

Will be a lot of qualified candidates from our staff in the future for sure. I could easily see Tee Martin, Anthony Weaver, and D’Anton Lynn being legit  coaching candidates down the line at some point based on their coaching history, age, and qualifications.