Telvin Smith named AFC Defensive Player of the Week

.Buzz

3 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

Int+Pass Deflaction that went to a Pick 6 > just a Pick 6

That's not how it works...that isn't going on his stat line as a pick 6 or anything involving a pick 6. That's not how this award works.

4 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Pay that man

I think this is pretty much viewed by everyone that follows this team with any sort of knowledge.

I get the guy may play a position that we don't put a huge value on because it's a spot we think we can find players at fairly easily, but him and Jack have done wonders for this defense with their speed from the LB core and are main reasons for our success. He needs to be locked up. 

2 hours ago, iPwn said:

Any “system” or management style that doesn’t value a playmaking, tone setting player isn’t a system or management I can get behind.

Yeah.  Playmakers are guys you can pay and not regret it.  Wherever they play really.  And Telvin is a playmaker.

I mean, how much money are we even really talking here?

Just now, iPwn said:

Yeah.  That's pretty much what i'd be figuring.  And i don't see a big problem with that.

At some point, i guess we'll hopefully have a QB worth giving franchise money to, and things could start to get tight in hurry then.  But until then...there's space.  And that looks a long ways off to me right now.

6 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Yeah.  That's pretty much what i'd be figuring.  And i don't see a big problem with that.

At some point, i guess we'll hopefully have a QB worth giving franchise money to, and things could start to get tight in hurry then.  But until then...there's space.  And that looks a long ways off to me right now.

Really depends what happens this offseason in FA tbh. If we grab a QB and it costs 20M per...

6 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Really depends what happens this offseason in FA tbh. If we grab a QB and it costs 20M per...

Even if that QB cost them $30M, they would still have $38M to sign Telvin and ARob if all the cap clearing they did was to opt out of Blake’s 5th year. And that’s before clearing $6M by letting Ivory go, $1.5M on Rivera, $3.75 on Lewis (who I assume is pondering retirement), etc. Not to mention, even guys like Hurns have hit a point that after this season, they carry no dead money to cut.

They have the flexibility to have $80M+ available to them this offseason should they need to.

Only reason to let Telvin walk is if he doesn’t want to be here, which could be possible. But the Jaguars have no reason to not try their hardest to lock him up for the foreseeable future.

Archived