Honest question, do people even want to make the playoffs if Alex Smith can’t play?

turtle28

Do people want to make the playoffs is Alex Smith can’t play?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Do people want to make the playoffs is Alex Smith can’t play?

• Yes, it shows we are heading in the right direction
    • No, I’d rather have the higher draft pick

3 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

I voted no. I interpreted the question as, if Alex Smith isnt the QB in the postseason game, do I want to make the playoffs?

The obvious answer is no. If Alex Smith cant play in the post season, we shouldn't make it. We would be left with Heinicke and Montez as our two QBs...

100% more comfortable rolling into a playoff game with Alex Smith. (Cant believe I'm saying that)

Yep, me too and I can’t believe I’m saying that bc I never thought Alex would play another snap again.

If Alex isn’t playing we aren’t going to win anyway. A full week of prep by one of the leagues better DCs against Heinecke...hmmm.

The stupid part about all of this is had Rivera benched Haskins in the first quarter when everyone on the planet could see he didn’t have it they’d probably be resting their starters this week. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

If Alex isn’t playing we aren’t going to win anyway. A full week of prep by one of the leagues better DCs against Heinecke...hmmm.

The stupid part about all of this is had Rivera benched Haskins in the first quarter when everyone on the planet could see he didn’t have it they’d probably be resting their starters this week. 

Or if the fumble recovery for a TD would’ve  counted like it should’ve.

8 hours ago, e16bball said:

I think a lot of us are in the same boat. 

My head says that it’s probably better for the long-term future of the organization if they don’t get in. It’s not like the difference between 19 and 11 is that glaring, generally speaking — unless you’re in the market for a franchise QB. Which we are. It would also be a nice added benefit to be picking 8+ slots higher in every round, particularly round 2. 

There would be some positive feelings generated within the organization from winning the division and making the playoffs. I think it would help in terms of experience and setting expectations and changing the internal view of our operation a bit. All of which has value. But I think they’ve accomplished a lot of that already. I think the good feelings and belief are already largely developing. If they don’t make it, I think they can point to the QB injuries and the Haskins fiasco as the issue and move past it with total belief in the up-and-coming status of this roster and coaching staff.

That said, my heart doesn’t agree. My heart wants them to keep winning. Just programmed like that as a fan. So I’m going to root for them to beat Philly and accept the better draft pick(s) as a consolation prize if they don’t. And I’m going to root for them to beat Tampa Bay and then Green Bay and then Seattle/New Orleans, and just let this defense clown three straight Hall of Famers en route to a showdown with the MVP and the soon-to-be-named Kansas City Football Team. The hell with it. Project 11 rolls through everybody.

Yup. Agreed. 

Earlier in the season I was a tanking supporter. A lost season didn’t matter with a first or second pick.

Then we started winning and our draft got killed. With this I changed teams and now I  just want as much football as possible. A title (nfl east) and play off game will be good for the young guys and makes them hungry for more. So let them win and set a winning culture, even without Smith the D should set the pace at games. I’m for it!

I want to see my boys in a playoff game.  The better question is would you rather get the draft pick and wait another 3 years for a playoff game or watch a playoff game this year?

Plus, let's not get draft greedy.  We won the whole shebang in the draft game this year.  And you don't need to have a top 10 pick to do well in the draft.  Heck, we did pretty damn good in 2019 even missing on our first pick.  

7 hours ago, offbyone said:

I want to see my boys in a playoff game.  The better question is would you rather get the draft pick and wait another 3 years for a playoff game or watch a playoff game this year?

Plus, let's not get draft greedy.  We won the whole shebang in the draft game this year.  And you don't need to have a top 10 pick to do well in the draft.  Heck, we did pretty damn good in 2019 even missing on our first pick.  

I’d rather get the draft pick bc again I think it means we can make the playoffs not for just one year but be a a playoff contender and maybe even more for the next decade which will be more fun to me than making the playoffs once, probably losing in the first round and then having to wait 3 years while we continue to rebuild the offense.

Basically what making the playoffs this year means is that we’d be delaying the inevitable that we still need to draft a young QB and rebuild on offense with that guy.

The picks I had wanted (Sewell or Parsons) are now likely out of range barring a loss, a bunch of other things going "right" with teams winning, and a draft slide of one of those two players.

So, go for the fail-to-lose and roll the dice.