Week 17 - Rams vs Cardinals

RamRod

11 hours ago, JonStark said:

I

I just hope when Goff is back, Mcvay keep the same type of playcalling he did last week. My dad and I were talking about how the first few drives were IDEAL calls for Goff (ie stand in the pocket and open up the field), which was weird because they didn't really fit the mobile QB as much. Once Mcvay started calling plays to utilize Wolford's legs, he started to pick things up. I like our odds with either QB this week, even if I'd prefer #16 being out there. 

Turns out it was the same play calling Goff has had.

My own personal arguments are apparently too obscure. I quote a PFF analyst and he's not valued either because he's the conductor on the Wolf train. I'll paste more tweets below from a Rams fan from the DownTownRams page and managing editor of RamsWire. I'm sure these opinions and perspectives won't be valuable either. Wonder how many pro-Wolf takes need to be shared before people start realizing it's atleast reasonable to want him to start going over Goff going forward.

Edited by BStanRamFan

18 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

My own personal arguments are apparently too obscure. I quote a PFF analyst and he's not valued either because he's the conductor on the Wolf train. I'll paste more tweets below from a Rams fan from the DownTownRams page and managing editor of RamsWire. I'm sure these opinions and perspectives won't be valuable either. Wonder how many pro-Wolf takes need to be shared before people start realizing it's atleast reasonable to want him to start going over Goff going forward.

The answer is zero. I don't need some randoms on Twitter who don't have my experience in the game to tell me what my eyes already saw. Goff torched Arizona a few weeks ago. Wolford didn't come close to that. That fact will not change. If an underwhelming passing performance is the "hot hand," I truly wonder what those same people said about Goff's performance against the Jets.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

The answer is zero. I don't need some randoms on Twitter who don't have my experience in the game to tell me what my eyes already saw. Goff torched Arizona a few weeks ago. Wolford didn't come close to that. That fact will not change. If an underwhelming passing performance is the "hot hand," I truly wonder what those same people said about Goff's performance against the Jets.

lmao don't change jrry, dont ever change.

Not that I needed to hear it, but pretty much assumed nothing would change your opinon on the matter. Glad it's not just my obscure arguments about Wolf you don't like, it's everyone's !

2 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

lmao don't change jrry, dont ever change.

Not that I needed to hear it, but pretty much assumed nothing would change your opinon on the matter. Glad it's not just my obscure arguments about Wolf you don't like, it's everyone's !

Why would it? I watched the same game they did lol. Am I supposed to defer to Twitter takes? 😂

2 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

And for the record lets have some honest stats. In all of those games of Goff under 231 yards he only had as many attempts as Wolford once and many of them he had far fewer attempts. Only one of them did he have under 60% completion percentage and in only 1 did he not throw a touchdown. 

A little context and further dive into the numbers make those tweets look very biased and obviously don't tell the whole story. It's clear those tweets and that one in particular has an agenda. 

I've said before Goff could stand to be more mobile and I don't know why he isn't airing it out this year like he has in years past. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, jrry32 said:

That's a good one 😆

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

I personally don't agree with everything he posts, but he's a Rams fan and a PFF analyst so it's helpful. Also, I have no idea how to post videos without including them in tweets so sadly his commentary has to come with it. And I'm sure if I had picked all of his highlights it would look like that, but we only have ONE game to go off of lol

Fair enough. For the most part, he's not terrible, but with this debate he's insanely biased. He's been on the Wolf train since the preseason and I believe just started working on a podcast, so he's trying to make a name for himself with the Wolf call. I just wish he would call it both ways (which is all I really want anyone to do). Having a differing opinion is fine and as long as someone calls it both ways, I'm good. 

9 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

Turns out it was the same play calling Goff has had.

So in that case, everyone saying that the offense has been condensed because Mcvay doesn't trust Goff was full of it? If that's the case, I'm fine putting it on Jared for not stretching the field, but everyone needs to drop the whole "condensed offense" storyline. 

• Like 2

We have officially gone through the looking glass apparently.

Because according to some here, posters from other sites and the all powerful PFF posters, the stacked the box coverage, that left TEs and RBs wide open down the sidelines and matched up LBs on our best Receiver that Wolford saw is the same thing that Goff had been facing all year

I mean seriously this gets more ridiculous by the post. I went back and watched just to make sure I wasn’t taking crazy pills, and while yes, the running ability is enjoyable to see, that’s about all you can’t tout from Wolford from that game. And I’ll give him that he wasn’t making bad reads/throws (other than his Pick to “settle in”) The box was stacked so much that McVay was easily able to scheme our weapons to be college level open on nearly every single throw. The only tight window throw he made was to Woods toward the goal line, which was only a tight window because he made it one. They got our Best WR matched up on a LB streaking toward the endzone, and instead of throwing him open for an easy TD because he had him beat so badly, Wolford threw a back shoulder pass to the sideline that almost allowed the LB to break up the pass. And as a Result, we didn’t score a TD

It has gotten lost with us mocking some of y’alls blinded comparisons of Wolf bs Goff, but they did not play against even close to the same type/level of defense. And as much as some of you have tried to tell us that we are “Goff homers” it is scary how much you all hate him that you will play these mental gymnastics to make these arguments 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

We have officially gone through the looking glass apparently.

Because according to some here, posters from other sites and the all powerful PFF posters, the stacked the box coverage, that left TEs and RBs wide open down the sidelines and matched up LBs on our best Receiver that Wolford saw is the same thing that Goff had been facing all year

I mean seriously this gets more ridiculous by the post. I went back and watched just to make sure I wasn’t taking crazy pills, and while yes, the running ability is enjoyable to see, that’s about all you can’t tout from Wolford from that game. And I’ll give him that he wasn’t making bad reads/throws (other than his Pick to “settle in”) The box was stacked so much that McVay was easily able to scheme our weapons to be college level open on nearly every single throw. The only tight window throw he made was to Woods toward the goal line, which was only a tight window because he made it one. They got our Best WR matched up on a LB streaking toward the endzone, and instead of throwing him open for an easy TD because he had him beat so badly, Wolford threw a back shoulder pass to the sideline that almost allowed the LB to break up the pass. And as a Result, we didn’t score a TD

It has gotten lost with us mocking some of y’alls blinded comparisons of Wolf bs Goff, but they did not play against even close to the same type/level of defense. And as much as some of you have tried to tell us that we are “Goff homers” it is scary how much you all hate him that you will play these mental gymnastics to make these arguments 

There are maybe 8 posters on this forum that are active. I'd say 6 back Goff. Myself and maybe 1 or 2 others seem to favor Wolford. Just because a majority of people in this little bubble like Goff does NOT make it crazy to think Wolf gives this team a better chance of winning. That was the point of me posting articles and tweets from others in the Rams community to show that this idea is larger than just the people here. And in true narrow-minded fashion, the Goff homers did their best to discredit others opinions on the topic because it differed from their own. 

I'm waving my white flag on the topic. No one wants to even consider the possibility that someone with one start could possibly be better for this team then Jared Goff despite clear regression and poor play down the stretch. Despite seeing a UDFA come in, play adequate, and get win in a "must-win" situation. Despite praise from McVay and the team. The blinders are certainly on. Let's see what McVay chooses to do on Saturday. Go Rams.

🏳️

1 hour ago, BStanRamFan said:

Despite seeing a UDFA come in, play adequate, and get win in a "must-win" situation. Despite praise from McVay and the team. The blinders are certainly on. Let's see what McVay chooses to do on Saturday. Go Rams.

At BEST you could call that performance adequate, because in reality it was a Losing effort. 9 points loses that game without the Leagues best defense.

And Im not even saying theoretically, I mean in real life. His pick gave them 7 points, and without a blocked FG they have 10. Thats a Loss, Wolford would have lost that game had it not been for the Best defense, and possibly their best effort all year long (and thats saying something)

The fact that you think this is a "little bubble" that has this opinion shows how closed your world view is. Just about every unbiased outlet that looks at these games was absolutely SHOCKED that the spread was only 4.5, and they all said "well Vegas must be confidant that Goff will play" because Pete Carroll + Russell Wilson vs Sean McVay +John Wolford, on the road, in the playoffs is not a 4.5 point spread

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

The fact that you think this is a "little bubble" that has this opinion shows how closed your world view is. Just about every unbiased outlet that looks at these games was absolutely SHOCKED that the spread was only 4.5, and they all said "well Vegas must be confidant that Goff will play" because Pete Carroll + Russell Wilson vs Sean McVay +John Wolford, on the road, in the playoffs is not a 4.5 point spread

Just listened to Bill Simmons podcast last night. They interpretted it as "Vegas is showing you what they think about Goff vs Wolf. They dont see much of a difference". Cause if they didnt know who was starting, they would hold out on publishing a line. Vegas does not want to put themself at risk, but in this case, they felt it didn't matter. There's a true unbiased view. Also, the line is at 42 so +4.5 is a big deal. Think its down to +4 with Kupp and Brockers announced returning. 

7 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Just listened to Bill Simmons podcast last night. They interpretted it as "Vegas is showing you what they think about Goff vs Wolf. They dont see much of a difference". Cause if they didnt know who was starting, they would hold out on publishing a line. Vegas does not want to put themself at risk, but in this case, they felt it didn't matter. There's a true unbiased view. Also, the line is at 42 so +4.5 is a big deal. Think its down to +4 with Kupp and Brockers announced returning. 

No, his actual take was that he bumped it BECAUSE of Wolford. He literally says that but sure try to make it fit your narrative

And thats even with how much he HATES Goff, literally calls him the "Parlay Killer" and says he will n longer bet on him (which he says about alot of guys)

And by the way, in no way is he an authority on this, many think he is a fake gambling guy, but you cant just chop up the truth so it fits what you want

• Like 1