STS: Jags/Dolphins Trade

howru8888

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

Guys, Lawrence isn’t Wentz.   Lawrence is more like Luck coming out of college.   

So no JAX doesn’t even return Mis’s call.  

Agreed.  Lawrence is possibly a better prospect than Luck right now.  As a Titans fan, I'd be dancing a jig if the Jags did something that insane.

Even assuming that Tua is a pretty good QB, and even assuming that they were able to successfully surround him with talent from that huge number of draft picks: they're giving themselves a window of the rest of Tua's rookie contract to win a Super Bowl, essentially.  Because they have so many early round draft picks already that they're gonna be in cap hell/bleeding talent sooner rather than later.  Picking up more first rounders just exacerbates that issue.

But no reason to go that far in analysis since the best QB prospect in a few decades fell into their laps.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Daniel said:

Agreed.  Lawrence is possibly a better prospect than Luck right now.  As a Titans fan, I'd be dancing a jig if the Jags did something that insane.

Even assuming that Tua is a pretty good QB, and even assuming that they were able to successfully surround him with talent from that huge number of draft picks: they're giving themselves a window of the rest of Tua's rookie contract to win a Super Bowl, essentially.  Because they have so many early round draft picks already that they're gonna be in cap hell/bleeding talent sooner rather than later.  Picking up more first rounders just exacerbates that issue.

But no reason to go that far in analysis since the best QB prospect in a few decades fell into their laps.

This is getting out of hand.

10 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

This is getting out of hand.

Getting out of hand? Plenty of people have said he's the best QB prospect since Elway/at the very least best since Luck.

Whether he lives up to it? Who knows. But as a prospect that's not crazy at all. 

3 hours ago, howru8888 said:

Figure a bunch of us are just chillin during the holidays, so lets shoot the ****! I realize the odds of this trade occuring would be slim but scenario: Texans lose and then Dolphins lose + Colts, Browns and Ravens win. Dolphins end up with picks 3 and 18. Trade:

Jaguars get- Tua, 3, 18

Dolphins get- 1 (Lawrence)

Who says no? In my mind I think its a win win for both teams. Sure the JAgs pass up on Lawrence but Tua is gonna be really good in my opinion and is their QB for the future plus they got 3 where they can draft Sewell or even trade down for more picks if a QB needy team wants to move up for Fields or Wilson. They could really fast track the rebuild in this scenario. For the Dolphins they are a good team with a rock solid defense in win now mode. You add LAwrence to that and themselves and the Bills are slugging it out for the next decade. I don't know thoughts from everyone else?

The Jaguars, as they should.