Buffalo will allow limited amount of fans at Playoff games

Trentwannabe

11 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Bills mafia has a whole season to make up for.

While it is nice.... 6700 is nothing, they had 8k at the airport that night they locked the division. Cuomo needs to man up and give them a respectable amount. There is plenty of room to be safe.

Edited by soflbillsfan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Blackstar12 said:

What would be a respectable amount 10k?

it holds around 71-72k fans thats about 8% while other stadiums during the season have been giving their fans at 20% capacity. 10-15% would be respectable but you would think that 20% is something you would want since other cities like KC, Miami, titans (21%), browns part of the season, colts had 12k at some select games, just some of the contenders that will be playoff bound had fans during regular season and I think that they should bring it up some. I totally get it for safety reasons  and to prevent covid, I am a firm believer in being safe but if you are having testing done prior at the stadium, having to show proof, wear masks, social distancing where 2 to 4 seats can be purchased social distancing, then staggering entrance, stadium is open so not a dome, I do not see why they cant extend it. To fans this has been 25 years since the last home playoff game. You are basically showing a fat kid a 3 tier cake and giving him a teaspoon size amount and saying that is all you get. Then on top of it Cuomo is having the nerve to say him and his family will be there. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, soflbillsfan said:

While it is nice.... 6700 is nothing, they had 8k at the airport that night they locked the division. Cuomo needs to man up and give them a respectable amount. There is plenty of room to be safe.

I'm surprised he's giving them any. You can say there's plenty of room to be safe, but having watched college football, once you get the fans in the stadium, they tend to act stupidly.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, soflbillsfan said:

It’s probably because of the testing they are doing before the game. They probably don’t have the man power to do more than 6700.

edit: it’s a pilot program that they’re trying out. Supposedly the first of its kind for this type of thing. 

20 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I'm surprised he's giving them any. You can say there's plenty of room to be safe, but having watched college football, once you get the fans in the stadium, they tend to act stupidly.

If there is anything I know about fellow bills fans, it’s that we are well behaved and keeping our masks on, staying in our seats and not behaving in a negative way is a certainty for the first home playoff game in 25 years. 

26 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Maybe have a drink limit, and might help solve the issue.

Totally fine with fans being at games though. Honestly think there should be a little more than 6700.

2 hours ago, jrry32 said:

I was  at a Bills game once where a guy puked all over the row of seats in front of him during the National Anthem. There weren’t any people there at the time, so the guy who puked left...never to be seen from again. I then proceeded to watch people get to their seats only to find puke all over so they had to take their over shirts, jerseys etc. off to place over the puke so that they could sit down.

Go Bills

• Like 3

3 hours ago, JBURGE said:

Stadiums should be allowed the same amount of fans or none at all, simple as that. 

It's not really on the NFL, though. Each state has its own policy for public gatherings - California is different from NY, Missouri is different from Louisiana, Pennsylvania is different from Wisconsin, Tennessee is different from Washington State, etc.

I'm sure every team wants that sweet home game revenue, but it's going to depend on how each state is managing this.

5 hours ago, jrry32 said:

College...definitely stupid. As Canes season ticket holder we had option of attending 3 home games this year or bypassing entirely and attributing the already paid amount to 2021 season tickets. I didn't debate one second before choosing the latter. College football demographic is among the last group I'd trust to take a pandemic seriously. All I had to do was consider the people who sit nearby. With one exception I could guarantee they would all be dismissive.

NFL is somewhat different. I might have considered it with the Dolphins. But also weighed are all the variables before and after you are actually in your seat. They can separate which seats they sell. That's fine. But only part of the process. There are escalator issues and ticket taking congestion and so forth. It's the same thing the winter sports like skiing and biathlon are facing right now, and that golf will face. Cramped shuttle buses are a huge factor to reach those venues and events. That's the way it's always been designed, with no thought it could ever be a problem. 

Edited by Awsi Dooger
  • Like 1