Mortal Kombat - April 23rd

RamRod

On 12/30/2020 at 3:20 PM, 43M said:

Doesnt have a very high bar to hurdle in terms of Mortal Kombat movies, but Im not expecting much.

At best, Im expect something along the lines of the Tomb Raider reboot movie as far as quality goes.   Its supposed to ramp up the violence...which is the only thing that has me excited.

tenor.gif?itemid=13447814

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

So Kano is a good guy in this movie?

Looking like he might be an antihero to start since he's chosen as a champion of Earth. But his beef with Sonia eventually wins out so he probably sells out to the Outworld overlords. Interesting that his laser eye in the trailer doesn't appear to be a cybernetic enhancement like he's usually depicted with. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Shockwave said:

Interesting that his laser eye in the trailer doesn't appear to be a cybernetic enhancement like he's usually depicted with. 

I’m wondering if that isn’t the completely rendered version of him when we see the laser eye, because isn’t it coming out of his left eye in the trailer (the hidden side of his face), when its traditionally his right eye that is replaced? Seems like an odd thing to change, and might just be a trick in the trailer?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

I’m wondering if that isn’t the completely rendered version of him when we see the laser eye, because isn’t it coming out of his left eye in the trailer (the hidden side of his face), when its traditionally his right eye that is replaced? Seems like an odd thing to change, and might just be a trick in the trailer?

Good eye... (no pun intended). Just rewatched it and you're right. the laser shoots out of his left eye. Thinking it has to be a flub... what purpose would it serve to make that change?

21 minutes ago, RamRod said:

Who knows if it will be true but seeing some who think Cole is Johnny Cage. He later becomes an actor and takes the stage name of Johnny Cage.

I’ve seen some say that too, but it really feels like a stretch, and more like rationalizing because we don’t get Cage in the trailer. 

Now we don’t get much from Cole in the trailer, but he doesn’t give off anything close to Johnny Cage vibes. And remember, it’s unlikely this is the only film/show they planned on making, so they aren’t going to throw absolutely everything MK into this one. 

But mostly his name, Cole Young, is already pointing to him being a different character from MK lore. One that fits more in line with Scorpion/Sub-Zero

Edited by StLunatic88
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Shockwave said:

Good eye... (no pun intended). Just rewatched it and you're right. the laser shoots out of his left eye. Thinking it has to be a flub... what purpose would it serve to make that change?

I’m now thinking just a flipped image for the Trailer. 

Maybe they felt when we see Kano 2.0 it gives something away so they are just hiding it for now

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...